Keeley HALO Andy Timmons Dual Echo is out!

Andy S

Obviously, much of the magic is playing it with a stereo field.

Can someone chime in on how much is lost playing in mono?

I'm using mine in Mono ( I don't do stereo, never got it to translate at a gig without a lot of work ) into a Suhr Bella, or Chris Stapleton Princeton....

Not sure how they sum it to Mono, but I don't feel I'm losing anything other than the obvious stereo image.... The stereo to mono usage is like any other modern delay on the market I would gather...I believe they all sum to mono when used that way...

Lush, gorgeous delay's with lot's of tweakability. It's replacing a Walrus D1 on my main board ( which was also a stereo delay I used in Mono )....

aaronblues

Silver Supporting Member

I've been playing the Halo regularly both ways:
Stereo into a Maz 18 and a Vibro Champ,
And Mono into just the Maz.

My non-technical answer is that the "magic" is there to be had either way.
Stereo delay is extremely addictive to me (too the point of overkill), and I can kinda understand the question, but I don't think the Halo is any different than most stereo delays in this regard.

Stereo sounds cool, but can be overkill and non-convenient.
Mono still sounds great.

Xevyn

I am playing mono and I can just say that compared to the Nemesis and Walrus Audio D1 I noticed a big difference. I'm not sure how to describe it but it just sounds more fuller and organic compared to the other two pedals. If it sounds this good in mono, I can only imagine how it would sound with a stereo setup.

Xevyn

Hey all, I emailed @Keeley Customer Service but didn't hear back yet - is there a way to identify a Halo device with the updated board in it? I use Strymon power supplies exclusively, and wanted to avoid having to return the pedal for re-work if I could. Thanks!

I'm waiting for a reply from them as well. I'm hoping they might be able to tell us what serial number and up will have the updated capacitors. Mine seems to be fine right now with my 1 Spot power supply but I do plan on switching to a Fender Engine Room Lvl 12 later this year and it would be nice to know if I might run into the power issues ahead of time.

ArcTrainer

...I bought a Halo at a GC in La Mesa, CA last Monday...I have already used it on three gigs...I really like it! I'm powering it with a Truetone One Spot Pro CS-6 which has 6 isolated taps and fits underneath my pedalboard...

th-726964814.jpeg

Last edited:

jlcogar

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone compared it to another delay with dual series delay and modulation capability using the timmons settings like strymon, h9, etc ? Can it do something they don’t? The size alone is enough to make me want one. How are the tape delay sounds compared to all the other echoplex digital wannabes?

DaveNJ

Gold Supporting Member
I just heard from Keeley support - they estimate about two weeks for dealers to start receiving the new, reworked boards.

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
Well, I use Voodoo Labs so I have no problems, BUT... this kind of stuff is PRECISELY WHY I don't pre-order stuff. I broke my own rule for this release... :(

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
I bought mine direct, and shipping back from Norway really isn't an option, but it works great with my TrueTone PS, so no issue really.

ribbons of euphoria

Silver Supporting Member
Wow is anyone else finding the echo level is scary loud on Andy’s preset 1? It makes sense now what he said in the Keeley video about using an expression pedal ALL the time to control the effect

Trending Topics

Top Bottom