Keeley HALO Andy Timmons Dual Echo is out!

billbfoot

Gold Supporting Member
Can any owner comment on how it sounds in mono? I know that Andy uses it in stereo and the demos I've heard have all been stereo. Thanks!
I’ve been running mine in mono, and it still somehow manages to sound pretty “wide” in its scope of sound (in the signature Halo mode). However, I tried it in stereo for the first time just this past weekend, and it sounded huge and beautiful.

Still, in mono, it’s really, really nice!

Jaredt771

This thing rocks…I haven’t made it past the first two presets yet. It’s that good. I have an H90 on the way…but I may relegate it to reverb/mod duties and insert the Halo in the effects loop. The way the echoes just meld together and add ambience but stay out of the way in fast passages is inspiring! Keeley knocked it out with this one!

Got mine about a week and a half ago. Awesome. I didn't come off of the Halo setting for a few days. Then toggled through the other presets for a bit, then back to the Halo and haven't left since. Reading these other posts, though, it seems I need to try it in stereo.

Adagietto

Pending
Silver Supporting Member
The Halo has my favorite slap-back so far. It lacks the transient "clickiness" that I find distracting in some delays. Not sure if diffusion accounts for that or what. Regardless, I've found myself using subtle slap-back a lot.

speedyone

Silver Supporting Member
I REALLY want a Halo, but I have a Strymon Zuma power supply.

It would suck to have it not work with my power supply, then have to immediately send it off to get fixed…

Sigh….

But maybe the new limited editions would be less likely to have the power supply problem?

I don’t know.

Hugh Manitee

Can anyone explain why there are two sets of "A" and "B" LEDs? One set is near the Feedback knob, the others are next to each foot switch.
Is it that you can't see the ones next to the footswitches when you are stepping on them? But then why not a duplicate set of preset LEDs at the top of the pedal too?

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member

It would suck to have it not work with my power supply, then have to immediately send it off to get fixed…

Sigh….

But maybe the new limited editions would be less likely to have the power supply problem?

I don’t know.
They catched the power issue rather quick, doubt there are many of the first batch in sale now. The limited editions definitely won't have that issue.

Adagietto

Pending
Silver Supporting Member

Sigh….

I don’t know.
My Halo is is powered by a Zuma and I have experienced no problems. AFAIK the first (problem) batch sold out fairly quickly, and mine is from a subsequent batch.

billbfoot

Gold Supporting Member
Can anyone explain why there are two sets of "A" and "B" LEDs? One set is near the Feedback knob, the others are next to each foot switch.
Is it that you can't see the ones next to the footswitches when you are stepping on them? But then why not a duplicate set of preset LEDs at the top of the pedal too?
‘Cuz more lights is more cooler! Duh?!

Seriously, I think it’s so you can more easily reference the “status” light with whichever preset (associated with whatever the current bank’s A preset is vs. the B preset) when making adjustments that alter a parameter outside of its preset mode. Again, maybe it just makes for an easier visual pairing. It does seem redundant, though.

Malcolm121459

I plugged mine in for the first time today. I ran it mono into a ‘72 Vibro Champ. The first preset, the Halo preset, waaaaay too much mix. I’m simply talking about the preset. Is this how Andy uses it? This much echo?

Reactions: rh
Using a Zuma with no problem. If somehow, you ended up with an original batch version, Keeley will look after you in my experience. I don’t know if that applies with 2nd hand pedals though.

Adagietto

Pending
Silver Supporting Member
I plugged mine in for the first time today. I ran it mono into a ‘72 Vibro Champ. The first preset, the Halo preset, waaaaay too much mix. I’m simply talking about the preset. Is this how Andy uses it? This much echo?
IMO all of the presets have the level set too high. Fortunately, the fix is as easy as setting the desired level and re-saving the preset. Unfortunately, at least for me, is that the level control gets touchy around 9:00, the region I've set things to. It's not a huge deal, but I'd like it less fiddly on the subtle end of the dial.

Gouxman

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone have this problem with their Halo?
I've written multiple emails to Keeley, tried their suggestions, and hit a dead end with customer support.

The Halo delays run faster than programed, sent by external clock or the onboard tap button.

I have 2 external clock units, the Selah and the DA Micro clock. Both have windows that read the tempo in BPM and can output tempo in various formats. I have units by Walrus, Strymon, Empress and MXR that follow perfectly. Delays and tremelo units.

The Halo responds, but the delay speed is faster than what is sent. 3-5 BPM faster than what is sent.

Same problem with the Halo onboard tap button. If I set up an analog metronome, and tap the Halo, it will set the delays faster than the tempo tapped. The other units mentioned above, I have no problem getting in sync with a metronome, using the onboard tap buttons.

I do enjoy the sound quality of the Halo, and it does a nice job on the analog dry.

Has anyone else had this problem getting the Halo to sync with tempos?

Cheers, John

leonelh7

Silver Supporting Member
I am interested in the Halo. Has anyone used this pedal in front of a distorted amp? Dave Friedman says it works great but wanted to get any more feedback.

JJDon

I'm looking to add an echo pedal to my pedalboard. I already have an Eventide MicroPitch Delay, Strymon Flint, and Walrus Slotva on my pedalboard. I basically need a ping pong delay since the Eventide doesn't seem to really do those.

I was thinking of adding my Boss DD-3 Delay to my pedalboard, but do you think the Keeley HALO could do what it does? Could the HALO also replace my Slotva for ambient stuff as well?

Abandoned

Worship Guitarist
Silver Supporting Member
I'm looking to add an echo pedal to my pedalboard. I already have an Eventide MicroPitch Delay, Strymon Flint, and Walrus Slotva on my pedalboard. I basically need a ping pong delay since the Eventide doesn't seem to really do those.

I was thinking of adding my Boss DD-3 Delay to my pedalboard, but do you think the Keeley HALO could do what it does? Could the HALO also replace my Slotva for ambient stuff as well?

Halo is an incredible ambient pedal

Keeley Customer Service

Double Platinum Member
Using a Zuma with no problem. If somehow, you ended up with an original batch version, Keeley will look after you in my experience. I don’t know if that applies with 2nd hand pedals though.
We don't care, if its not working correctly hit me up! It doesn't matter if you are the 10th owner, its way easier to fix the issue than it is to make a hassle out of it and tell someone no!

WE GOT Y'ALL!

Sean

Trending Topics

Top Bottom