keeley katana boost

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by evhfan, Jul 31, 2006.

1. evhfan

evhfan Member

hi guys...looking for a pedal that i can use for solo boosts...basically just make my sound louder for solos...

i was looking at the keeley katana boost...

you think this would do the job? where would it go in line in my pedalboard?

2. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    Typically you should place the boost peal last, that way you are only overdriving your amp and not the other pedals. Some choruses and delays can be overloaded easily.

The Katana is good pedal for clean boost, same with Xotic RC Booster.

TheGrooveking

3. evhfan

evhfan Member

thanks for the reply...

4. mild

mild Member

No offence shredfan, but there are plenty of threads on clean boosts in this forum already - make use of the search function, its a goldmine. ;)

Your candidates to look into, in my humble opinion, would be...:

Keeley Katana
    Xotic RC Booster
    Catalinabread SCP

Having owned the SCP and the Katana, I can say that both are fine boosts. I have heard friends' RC Boosters work well also. Just pick one, and run with it... :)

5. derek2615

derek2615 Member

I can't say enough good things about the Katana and Robert Keeley. I have used the Katana last in my chain for the last couple of months. It's just what you describe (your tone only LOUDER). I've decided to go with a compressor on my board so I'm giving up the Katana to fund it. I'll probably regret it and have to buy it back later. Oh well, it won't be the first pedal that I've bought twice. Mine is on eBay now if you are interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Robert-Keeley-Katana-Boost-almost-new-no-reserve_W0QQitemZ200012795526QQihZ010QQcategoryZ22669QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

6. onestop

onestop Silver Supporting Member

7. Taylor Daly

Taylor Daly Member

Hate to bring back an old thread...but figured it would save starting a whole new one.

Got my Katana today and I love it. It replaced a fulltone fat boost (which was awesome...but just wasnt what I was looking for).

The Katana truly is a transparent boost. I roll off some volume on my guitar to clean up the cleans (get rid of that muffle I get with high volume) and then bring the volume back with equally as thick juicy, however now clear, cleans with the Katana.

Love it. Easily one of my most favorite purchases of gear so far.

8. Clifford-D

Clifford-D Member

The BBE 'Boosta Grande' gets

Guitar Player Editors Pick Award.

Simple excelent clean boost.

Sorry, no lazer light show.

Under $100

9. Gas-man

Gas-man Unrepentant Massaganist

I ended up finding the Katana a little boomy.

10. Evilmusician80

Evilmusician80 Member

Catalinabread SCP Awesome boost i set mine at around 11:00 and thats tons for solo's also it does something to my sound but im not sure what !
    But i like it!:AOK