Keeley KE-808 Red Dirt Pro, anyone use one?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by underdog726, Apr 12, 2016.

1. underdog726

underdog726 Member

I know i am a little late to the party on this one, just stumbled upon it. Wondering what the consensus is on it?

2. underdog726

underdog726 Member

3. underdog726

underdog726 Member

Well i have one now and am digging it. Cleans up great with the volume, plenty of gain and just the right around mids, with no bass loss.[​IMG]

ThePurplePaisleyKid likes this.
  4. Kluch

Kluch Member

Guess you already have one, but I will say I have the original red dirt and love it. it's a great TS style drive. Probably the best I've played!

5. Dunzie

Dunzie Member

Funny... I have a Red Dirt original right now and in transit it the Red Dirt Germanium. I was hoping someone could have given me a comparison between them but only one guy had played both when I asked. The Pro was on the horizon at the time. The original is the best lead boost I've ever used, but hoping the Germanium is similar except just a little warmer and smoother which it should be.

Congrats on the NPD!

6. underdog726

underdog726 Member

It would be cool to see/play the 3 side by side. and yeah i was just jammin using it as a lead boost into the super six stevie mod pedal and was enjoying it a little to much.

7. Matts Tone

Matts Tone Member

Just want to BUMP this old thread. What's the opinion on the Keeley KE-808 Red Dirt Pro & the standard Red Dirt, are they like the old modded Keeley Tubescreamers?
    Thinking of getting a tubescreamer style pedal in the next week or so.

8. jhuse

jhuse Member

I have the original Red Dirt and a TS9dx with the Plus Mod. They are very similar, but with the TS in TS9 mode, it seems to have a more pronounced midrange poke than the Red Dirt, but the Red Dirt seems to have more distortion (while in low gain mode). Red Dirt has more low end as well.