• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Keeley no longer modding Rats, so who else does this

TheGrooveking

I checked with Keeley and they confirmed that they no longer mod Rats. So who else mods Rats and if you have had one done, does the LM308 IC make a big difference?

TheGrooveking

wingwalker

Fuzzy Guitars
Hmm, I wonder why they stopped modding them?? No matter, to be fair I think they sound better than fine dead stock! If you want a good sounding Rat just get an older one with the LM 308 in it and roll with it...

lv

Silver Supporting Member
I checked with Keeley and they confirmed that they no longer mod Rats. So who else mods Rats and if you have had one done, does the LM308 IC make a big difference?

TheGrooveking
tgk,

not cheap, but the landgraff mo'd will get those same tones.

Jacobpaul81

Moho mods rat is very very good! I've got the brown rabbit and the moho, and I personally am using the moho. Doesn't have a 3 way switch like the keeley, so its a cheaper and simpler mod setup. Vodka Mods also has a very good rep.

jhspedals.com

The new Rats are just so cheaply made. Its sad as the Rat is one of my fav designs. We have had to stock replacement pots as when we mod, the pots fall apart...
I ended up just building my own RAT based design as a result and due to demand.

lonelylooper

Plate of shrimp
Gold Supporting Member

TheGrooveking
Where do you live? There's a great tech in Portland (Oregon) that is doing it. I haven't heard one but I've heard great things about it!?