• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Keeley or Analog Man TS808 Mod ?

loiking

i would go for analogman personally, because i just like the more traditional tube screamer sound that he goes for. But if your looking for a bit more versatillity in the gain range then keeley is for you.

TenneyThe2nd

Silver Supporting Member
I've noticed that the many "Best Tubescreamer" threads on here list the Analogman Silver mod as one of the best Tubescreamers taking second only to the MJM Blues Devil/Phantom Overdrive.

shngn7

I have not played the AM Silver version but when I was on the market for a TS808 I AB'd a Keeley Modded one (with the '82 chip and mod plus) with an AM True Vintage and ended up with the Keeley. I thought it sounded a lot clearer than the AM. I also liked its range of gain and its low end more. I would still love to try a Silver mod though. I have never played a real vintage TS808 so I don't really care for finding which one sounds the closest to the original.

thetangmang

I also like the clarity/versatility out of my Keeley TS. I think you'd be happy with whatever route you go, TBH. They're all great pedals.

playthecray

Silver Supporting Member
I have a TS-9 reissue that I sent to analogman for a mod. I chose the brown mod and it really cleaned up the pedal, more articulate. Well worth the $40.00 investment.

Last edited:

shredtrash

Gold Supporting Member
I have both. I use the Analogman for my 50's/60's rock n' roll band because it doesn't have as much mid-hump as the Keeley and is a bit more transparent. I use the Keeley in my original rock band because of the increased lows and mids. I like both and, at the end of the day, they're not so different that I can't flip-flop them and still get excellent results.

bassethound

I have the AM Maxon OD9 Silver and the Keeley 808 mod plus. Short answer... they're both great. The OD9 is a little more open, the Keeley 808 is a little more Tubescreamer-ish (more noticeable mid-hump, a little nasally). The OD9 is probably more versatile, but the Keeley 808 fits the TS bill to a T imo. I prefer the OD9 silver, but it's strictly a matter of personal taste. Both are awesome pedals.

christhurman

Wait a second... The Keeley 808 which supposedly 'changes' the pedal more than Analogman, who is going for vintage specs and sound... but the Keeley is the one that is more nasally and with more mids?

I'm confused.....

I'm considering sending my stock RI 808 to be modded that's why I'm chiming in ;-)

jpagey

i would go for analogman personally, because i just like the more traditional tube screamer sound that he goes for. But if your looking for a bit more versatillity in the gain range then keeley is for you.
This, unless you want AM's silver mod. The Keeley will give you more and less gain at the extreme ranges and more bass. The AM brown will give a more faithful 808 sound...The question is what you want...

prayzhm

I had my pedal moded in '02 and it came back sounding the same, sent it back and turns out they put the wrong chip in! As far as sound I'm not into the mid hump it produces so I'm looking to sell mine, it's a TS-9 808 mod with a new switch if anyones interested.

Trending Topics