Keeley Tone Workstation

lucky111

Silver Supporting Member
I love it! It's nice trying a pedal that just feels like it fits into the "thing" you're trying to do.

Look forward to trying the Delay Workstation.

Thanks!

LordByron

The Dude abides!
I love it! It's nice trying a pedal that just feels like it fits into the "thing" you're trying to do.

Look forward to trying the Delay Workstation.

Thanks!
The Delay Workstation is AWESOME! :) You're going to love it!

(Now if I can just resist the Tone Workstation... and the Mod Workstation.. and the...)

Rocndoc

Funny. I'm desperately trying to like it but can't seem to make it work. The compressor doesn't have enough blend, the red dirt is too compressed and the 1962 is too dark. I think I'm missing something. Can you share your settings?

lucky111

Silver Supporting Member
Funny. I'm desperately trying to like it but can't seem to make it work. The compressor doesn't have enough blend, the red dirt is too compressed and the 1962 is too dark. I think I'm missing something. Can you share your settings?

Sure enough! It's a funny thing though, as you know, one persons set-up works wonders when they're playing it & when someone else plugs into the same rig, it just doesn't do it for them.

I love the compressor because of the sustain that it adds to the signal. I've tried "transparent" compressors & while they're nice tone sweeteners, I've found the Katana boost gives me the sparkle I want & the compressor just gives me the sustain. Also of note of course, are the other pedals in the chain. The Pettyjohn Chime is an amazing pedal that I run before the Tone Workstation & it just makes everything sound good. Finally, I'm not playing into a traditional amp--I'm playing through a Joyo American Sound pedal into a powered speaker & in-ears for on-stage monitoring. Anyway, hope this helps. Cheers!

v0raPurl.jpg

AiPqdyll.jpg

david henman

...same for me, but i decided to go with it anyway
i reduced the sustain on the compressor, to start
this pedal replaces my sp compressor, cmatmods signa drive and radial bones london, which have been on my board forever
it means playing without modern high gain distortion and, more to the point, it means playing with the kind of transparent overdrive that really reveals poor, sloppy technique
at age 69, this could be harmful to my precious ego...lol!
i do wish it was a tad more dynamic but i've only gotten started - i'll be using it at a full rehearsal this week
one caveat: you have to be careful with the drive levels, as this pedal can get really noisy, especially when you stack the different sections
my biggest concern is that keeley will come out with an improved version in the new year...argh!!!

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom