Keeley True By Pass Looper problem!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by caroy, Sep 6, 2008.

1. caroy

caroy Member

Hi, i have a problem with my keeley looper: the problem is my tone drain when the looper is on the blue led and my tone it normal when it on the red led. I was thinking it my cable so i test all my cable but all cable work very well. Someone know what is the problem? Thanks alot!

2. caroy

caroy Member

Someone have a idea of the problem?

3. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

what pedal is in the loop? the TB will take the tone out of the signal, but will leave it in chain. Which one means TB? Red or blue? if it is bypassing teh effect and you ahve tone loss you are probably bypassing one of the only buffers in your chain or something.... or there is a loose solder joint on the 3PDT switch, but not likely as keeley puts out great product.

4. caroy

caroy Member

I put all my pedal in the loop so some are true bypass and some are not. Do you think this is the problem? I need to just make a group of none true bypass pedal? Thanks.

5. caroy

caroy Member

Here my pedalboard, you clearly see my looper:

[​IMG]

6. Passenger84

Passenger84 Member

You say there is tone loss on the blue led and your whole board is in the loop?

The blue led indicates that the loop is engaged. So, on the blue led, your signal is running through your whole pedalboard. On the red led, your signal is running just through the Keeley looper.

My guess is that the tone loss you're hearing on the blue led is the normal tone suck of a pedalboard with 8 pedals and a bunch of cables. When you take your board out of your signal chain (red led), your tone just opens up and sounds great because now there aren't 8 pedals sucking your tone (the TS808, EH pedal, and the little Ibanez soundtank are fairly bad tone-sucking offenders). You're actually hearing your true guitar-->amp tone.

You can fix some of that with some more true bypass loopers, some higher end cables, or arranging your chain so that when the loop is engaged (blue led) the Boss tuner is first in the chain to act as a buffer. What is your signal chain right now?

7. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

well put passenger84. thats what i was thinking was going on. plus it looks like some cheapo cables in the mix too, added on top of the suckage.

8. Veritas

Veritas Silver Supporting Member

9. caroy

caroy Member

I finally resolve my problem. No more tone drain now. And soon i will buy some goerge l cable.
    [​IMG]