Keeley Work Station!?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by eric-d, Feb 15, 2006.

1. dan-o-guitar

dan-o-guitar Member

Very cool!

I've often wondered when traditional analog pedal makers would combine effects into a single unit. This is a neat idea, and Keeley's work is always top-notch.

I wonder about how successful this approach will be given the penchant that guitar players have for mixing and matching different effects from different makers. I guess if you are sold on Keeley's Blues Driver, Tube Screamer and Compressor circuit, this all-in-on makes a lot of sense. And having an effects send/receive loop certainly adds to the versatility.

Finally, I think it will all come down to price. What are the build savings? One enclosure instead of three, two less power jacks, and two less input/output jacks. I guess the economy of scale would only kick in if all three pcbs are merged into one two share components and simplify construction.

2. newstrat60

newstrat60 Member

which OD is "rythm" and "lead" : blues driver & Ts9 or reverse ?

3. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

BD is the rhythm. My question is how is someone already selling this on ebay when we can't even buy them yet?!?

4. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

Some of them were sold at trade shows, I think just 2 or 3 so far.

-TJK

5. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I was excited about this when I first heard about them and saw pictures a year ago. It's since subsided.

I'd be more interested in the Deluxe workstation he's coming out with. Delay, chorus and a 3rd effect (possibly a filter).

6. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

I would be more interested in just a combo pedal of the compressor and TS-9.

7. Hamer95USA

Hamer95USA Member

Hey gearheads,

I saw & heard the Keeley Workstation with the Blues Driver, Keeley compressor,and Tube Screamer combined at the NAMM convention in Anaheim about a month ago. It's a very innovative effects unit. This was done before by Ibanez, Pearl and a few other effects manufacturers. The fact that the pedal is built with high quality design, construction and top notch parts makes the Workstation a must have if you're into the boutique effects. This is the wave of the future for boutique effects. I wonder if Keeley will come out with boutique modular effects unit that you can switch out on his workstation?

Guitar George

8. MarkWorth

MarkWorth Member

i got to try one as the Arlington Guitar Show some months ago...they had sold only 2 or 3, and weren't selling any more.....very interesting stuff...

said it should cost around $400 new i think...

-j

9. woude

woude Member

I played a prototype from gvees.com and it's more than just his compressor, ts and bd in a box. The 'lead' and 'rythem' channels sound even better to my ears than the modded boss pedals and the switches make it super versatile. The compressor sounds sweeter and more open, it's not as super 'squishy' as the normal keeley comp. Great pedal, I really liked it.

10. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

That sounds very interesting-does anyone have any more info about this such as an ETA? If the 3rd effect was a trem that'd be great.

11. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

BTW, it's a bit hard to read due to the reflections on the photo, but does anyone know what the mini toggles do on the KTW-1?

12. p00n

p00n Member

VS Route 66?

13. Yek

Yek Member

?????

In fact I think not. IMO boutique effects lovers want freedom of choice, regarding every single pedal. Like with hifi audio gear: those who want state-of-the-art stuff will never choose an all-in-one unit.