keeley's the man

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by britishampsrock, Sep 30, 2005.

1. britishampsrock

britishampsrock Member

i just got a keeley modded tubescreemer with the baked mod, and it's awesome. I run a les paul through an orange ad30 head, and man, i can get a tone seriously close to a Vox ac30. im so happy.

2. E-Rock

E-Rock Member

Yeah, that pedal rocks.
    My current setup (and it's actually stayed this way for awhile! :)
    uses a Baked TS9 into an OCD. I use the OCD for most of the rhythm stuff, and kick on the Baked TS-9 for leads.
    THis is the most brutal,nasty, thick slab of tone I have ever heard, but very controllable.
    I LOVE this combo
    :dude

3. jonny guitar

jonny guitar Member

The best thing about Keeley is the incredible customer service that you receive if you encounter a problem. He is unsurpassed (in any field) in the way that his company will stand behind their product. I love my Comp and Katana too.

4. guitarboy

guitarboy Member

I second the customer service of Keely products! Great people
    and great products! I have the BD and compressor!:AOK

5. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

This very second, my Blue LED is shining bright on my Keeley RAT... it's really, really a cool pedal.

Your right, his CS is impeccable! And he's an Okie like me!!!

I'm gunna get back to jamming on a nice Friday night...

6. jpagey

jpagey Member

Robert is among the select few OUSTANDING pedal makers...both in product and service!

7. bobotwt

bobotwt Supporting Member

I think the same thing about the baked mod. Out of all the pedals I've gone through in the past three years, this is still my favorite. I feel that it sounds very vox like when used with a mid-scooped fender type amp. I think its the bass cut, mid boost, and compression; kinda emulates el84s (at least it seems that way to me). I've been itching to get a hayseed or mazerati to fill my voxy needs. I love the Big 6l6 Fender clean, but also love that el84 chime. And I'm learning that I love that el84 breakup. I just wish I could find a way to get it all with one amp and some pedals. I can get the fender clean and a close-to-vox drive but I want to be able to get the vox clean jangle. I'm thinkning about the new Barb E.Q. Dave says he can do a Vox style eq. I've also looked at getting the vox type amp, but then how would I get the 6L6 clean tone? Decisions, decisions. :D

8. lefchr

lefchr Member

I have a boss tr2 that he modded, it sounds great.

The only problem I have is the light on it is not that bright when plugged into my voodoo labs pp2. I havent noticed any difference in sound, just the light being dim. Does anyone else have this problem?

9. mockoman

mockoman Member

+1 on Keeley pedals. Cannot WAIT for his delay (pun kinda intended)!

10. webb

webb Member

+1 I have a keeley comp and just got my dl4 modded.
    Excellent customer service, oustanding.

webb

11. hawkeye17

hawkeye17 Member

+1 on the TS-9 Baked Mod. I use it for leads with both clean and distortion chennels of my Orange R30. Real fat/greasy tones.

12. Maction

Maction Member

+1 on awesome sounding pedals

+1 on the great customer service

+1 on not being able to wait for the delay.

+3

13. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

I was just gonna start a new thread if the keely Boss BD mod was worth it over a stock Pedal...........I guessed you all answered my question. :cool:

14. shuffle

shuffle Member

hmm took him 4 weeks to reply to my email. I almost forgot what i asked when i received a reply.

Never delt with him since. I still think Mr David Boggs at loooper kills all~

** not to ruin the Keeley fan base thread line **

:D

15. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

I guess you single experience negates all of ours, "hmm".

The Fan Base might as well pack it up...

Thanks for ruining it for us all... :D

Should have called him I guess. Sometimes email isn't the best way to communicate, Sean at Lovepedal and Paul (makes Tims) both prefer phone calls.

16. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

As an employee of Keeley Electronics, I will say that Robert is one of the coolest guys I've ever known, let alone worked for. Yeah... sometimes email is slow. On his site he alerts folks who are in a hurry that calling is the best way to expedite things.

My Suhr LOVES the Java Boost. And adding the RAT before it...

+10 on all TS mods. Have the Flexi and run it after another TS 9 for massive, tone... sheez, just writing makes me want to power it all up.

+10 on the compressor. Some studios use two for stereo mastering! Crazy stuff....

I know a few players are not smitten with the Fuzz Head, but I and many others think that pedal is pretty powerful. It doesn't do the velcro-fuzz thing, but what it does do is provide a lot of OD that is on the cusp of fuzz. With all of the dials and swappable caps, you can make it sound pretty muffy, though. Fuzz Head!!!

+10 on the Nova Wah. Great for slide, and running it into a chorus/vibrato... man!

Don't have the AD-9 delay, but the stock switch provides a secret function: (shhhhhh....) holding it down sends it into self-oscillation, feedback madness. Pretty cool!

Keep yer eyes open for new, custom pedals. Some SWEET ones in the works.

BTW, I'm selling my TMB, but I'll start a new thread for that.

17. Maction

Maction Member

Pickhead,

I'm glad someone else is sticking up for the Fuzz Head! I've read some not so glowing reviews as well. I love mine. I think the people that don't like their Fuzz Heads:

A. Don't take the time to play with the internal controls

B. Don't read the page on Keeley's site that asks "---Got a Class A amplifier?---" I've found that amps that have tube rectifiers sound much better with this box than those with solid state, especially on the Germanium side.

P.S. I'm hoing that this doesn't become yet another discussion of "true class A" vs AB. I'm just saying a tube rectifier make a big difference IMHO!

:D