1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Keely Modded TubeScreamer

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by zoso19, Dec 26, 2009.

1. zoso19

zoso19 Member

Thoughts on the keely modded tubescreamer? The one with a gain switch and knob with 4 modes of heaviness and such?

2. vintage66

vintage66 Member

Ts9dx flexi 4x2? Catchy name huh? Awsome pedal. You get the plus mod and the baked mod, switchable with a toggle, plus all the modes sound better than stock-much better.

3. jhuse

jhuse Member

I have a TS9DX which was mod only for the Mod + (so no extra toggle switch). It's way better than stock. All of the pedal's selectable 4 modes are upgraded, starting with the stock TS808 + mod. Full(er) bass, much more gain, much less gain, workable tone and much more clear sounding.

Each of the next 3 modes seem to add more highs, more bass, and begin to scoop the bass. Also, each of the 3 modes have progressively less gain, but more volume. The Turbo mode has a big bass response, slightly scooped mids, and huge volume output - great for cleanish boost.

All in all, it's a really good upgrade - well worth the money. The pedal was my 'rock' OD until I bought a BB Preamp. However, part of me wishes I had gone for the full 'Flexi' upgrade.

4. shredtrash

shredtrash Supporting Member

I have one but I only use as a lead boost in the regular 808 mode. However, it's very comforting to know that I could use any of the modes in a live situation and sound good if my other drive took a dive. Great pedal and well worth the extra jack IMO if you want a killer, multi-use TS.

5. zoso19

zoso19 Member

thanks, I think I'm gonna pick one up this week

6. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

I have a Mod Plus and it's great. I also have what he called a TS9 Deluxe that switches internally to 18 volts, has both Mod Plus and Baked mods and has a variable boost and is true bypass. I don't see these for sell any longer?