Keely vs. JHS mod

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Cobiag95, May 15, 2011.

1. Cobiag95

Cobiag95 Member

I have been looking at a blues driver and was seeing if someone could help me out by comparing/ explaining the pros and cons to the keeley modded BD-2 vs. the JHS modded Bd-2...
    -thanks!

2. SirLangealot

SirLangealot Member

JHS is a good company. The only negative is the wait time which is usually 4-5 weeks. However, it is worth it, and their mods sound really good.
    I've never tryed a keeley mod but I would assume they are equally as good.

3. Painasusual

Painasusual Member

I have the keeley modded. It's absolutely amazing. I've only compared to the stock bd-2 though. The difference was huge.

4. jzero

jzero Member

I have a stock BD2... Can you elaborate on the "huge" difference? I don't like my BD2 'cause it sounds icepicky. I set the tone on 9 oclock and it still sounds harsh sometimes.

5. JUSTJOB

JUSTJOB Member

Keeleys customer service is second to none. Their solderwork and wiring are immaculate, and they stand behind their mods and work 100%.

jzero,
    I know you did not ask me, but I hated the "icepick" in my BD2 so much that it literally sat unused in the box for three years. One day when going through my stuff I decided to take up Keeleys on their "money back if not satisfied' guarantee, and sent my BD2 to them. I was, and am pleased with the results, the "ice pick" is gone, and I still regularly use the pedal even six plus years later. Great sounding, usefull pedal!

6. Veritas

Veritas Silver Supporting Member

Having dealt with both companies, they are top notch. Regrading the BD-2, I've owned the Keeley. It sounds great! Much better than stock IMO.

7. skunx

skunx Supporting Member

Analogman does one as well and it sounds excellent. No way I'd wait 5 weeks for a mod.

8. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

Keeley's BD-2 Mod is great. I expect AM's is as well. You never hear a bad word about either person for a reason.

9. Cosmogang

Cosmogang Member

My two friends both had blues drivers.
    One sent theirs to JHS, the other to Keeley.
    I got to hear the Keeley more often, and it was good,
    but the JHS was more of a drastic tone change, not my cup
    of tea, but good.

10. Bigdrive501

Bigdrive501 Supporting Member

I had Analogman mod my BD-2,sent it out had it back the next week and it sounds fantastic.

Craig

11. 57junior

57junior Member

I've never put the bd-2 mods against each other but i can tell you that the keeley bd-2 is nothing short of fantastic. I've been more impressed with Keeley's stuff overall than the JHS stuff too.

12. the ruckus

the ruckus Member

You REALLY need to check out Machine Head Pedals mod, it's seriously OUTSTANDING!!!

13. fatsound77

fatsound77 Member

I can't speak on the JHS, but the Keeley BD-2 is killer. Good communication as well!