Keith Richards slide guitar tuning on the song 'Let It Bleed'

DSL74

Hope this is the right section to post this. Does anyone know what tuning he used for the slide parts on the studio version of the song 'Let It Bleed'? I have tried open D and G, but it doesn't sound right. Is it maybe open C?

JonR

Open C is my guess. Not only because the song is in C (so it would work in open G with capo on 5), but because you hear that little opening lick drop down to a low C before the drums come on.

IOW, I'd guess open D a whole step down: C-G-C-E-G-C. (There are other open C's, but the lead licks later suggest that tuning to me.)

DSL74

Open C is my guess. Not only because the song is in C (so it would work in open G with capo on 5), but because you hear that little opening lick drop down to a low C before the drums come on.

IOW, I'd guess open D a whole step down: C-G-C-E-G-C. (There are other open C's, but the lead licks later suggest that tuning to me.)
Thanks. Pretty sure open C is right. This guy isn't playing the slide parts note for note so much, but the tuning he is using sounds right.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom