Keith Scott. love his sound

MRCHILL4

love his sound with bryan adams. you know, cuts like a knife, run to you, heaven........how do i get his sound.....setting each effect....????

rob2001

He's a great player and did some excellent work on some great songs. IIRC, he and Brian used Vox amps often and yes, I believe some songs were done with a Trainwreck.

But to be honest, with a guy playing so tasty and appropriately for the songs, he could have used any amp and it would still be great stuff.

Bobby D

one of my favorite underrated players from the 80s. LOVE his tones on the Bryan Adams stuff -- he should get the sideman gig with Ryan Adams -- now THAT would be a hoot :YinYang

Frank Prince

Silver Supporting Member
Always loved his tones and playing. IMO, ALL the guitar sounds on Bryan Adam's stuff were stellar.

ShavenYak

"It's Only Love" has some awesome tones as well.

I can get fairly close with my Traynor YCV40 clean channel turned almost halfway up, a smidge of overdrive (either a Route 66 pedal or a TC Nova Drive), and a pinch of Carbon Copy.

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
I remember an interview with him in the 'Cuts Like A Life' era where he said he was using an amp that was the front end of an AC-30 and the power section of a Hiwatt, and '.013's on his guitar.

monty

I really need to dig out that old issue of GP that had him featured in it.
Awesome player, probably my first "guitar here" when I was a kid.

rwe333

Silver Supporting Member
Doesnt he use a Trainwreck Express?
Think only on a tune or two.

His main rig for ages was basically a custom built amp that had a Vox-like front end w/ a Hiwatt-like power section, if memory serves correct (trying to remember that aforementioned GP interview - could be the reverse, Hiwatt front, Vox back)).

Great, melodic player w/ fine hooks and nice sounds. I understand he was a fusion player before joining Adams' band.

Last edited:

Full Monty

I would love Keith Scott's job. He gets to play nice simple lines over (or inside if you prefer) some great songs and he sounds superb! I've seen/heard him play Strats and Les Pauls and it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference to be honest. His tone is very 'Classic Rock' and seems to rely on power amp overdrive more than pre-amp so I'd look for an amp that can be cranked up without deafening the audience or the band.

MRCHILL4

You know, people can say his lines were easy or whatever. But you know what it ain't just notes he's playin'......much , much more than just notes. From the 80's he was my favorite, and still is. The solo on "cuts like a knife" !!!! Just that, cutting like a knife.

Trending Topics