1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Keith Urbans guitar rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by zadiqof, Jan 1, 2006.

1. zadiqof

zadiqof Member

Im not much of a country kid, but freagin A, Keith Urbans guitar rig was absolutely amazing to see on live television tonight.

2. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

Matchless wasn't it? Looks like he had a Marshall sitting there too.

He sure can play. He had more fire in his performance than most out there.

EP

3. sws1

sws1 Member

He used to have a Bogner Shiva as well.

4. ToneKing

ToneKing Member

what gear is he presently usiing? I know he had matchless in his earlier days, than bad cat, bogner, an older marshall. His dvd concert is spectacular, not to menrion the gorgeous ladies inthe audience (he must have a heck of a groupie base) damn.

5. zadiqof

zadiqof Member

he had about 2 badcat heads, a bogner head, a matchless head, a few badcat cabinets and a few bad cat combos, stunning.

6. billdurham

billdurham Member

At the CMA's he had Badcats and a Marshall

7. oxtone

oxtone Member

Like zadigof said, he had lots of amps and cabs on stage when a friend and I saw him in Mpls. a couple years ago. His tone was great, as well as his playing, and stage presence. He really lit up the ladies! My buddy and I were two of few guys in the audience, which was 90% women. Not a bad percentage! :D

Urban credits Dann Huff with helping his guitar playing - not a bad endorsement! Huff is incredible!

8. twangbanger

twangbanger Supporting Member

saw him in our town on tour and he had 2 bogner shivas lit up, also a couple of badcats that where not on(at least it looked that way to me). and an old marshall head. His sideman was using 2 badcats and a vox ac30,both had great tone and more balls than any country act I've ever seen. WHoo and some very hot women in the audience.
    Rob

9. ajric

ajric Member

Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum. From what I know he was using Matcless for a while but had a falling out over something, whether true or not I dont know. Changed to Bad Cat, I think then added the Shiva, already had the Marshall. Currently I believe, well from what I've been told from others, he is mainly using the new Vox AC30cc.

Cheers
    Anthony

10. zadiqof

zadiqof Member

11. It's Time!

It's Time! Senior Member

It must be nice cranking this rig up night after night :D

[​IMG]

12. zadiqof

zadiqof Member

What I never noticed about that pic, was that there is finally a bass player who knows how to stay out of the way of the guitar amplification-wise. Also, I wish I bought one of his HC-30's.

13. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Just saw him a couple of weeks ago, tons of Bad Cat cabs on stage, but the amps were out of view. Great pumped up tone, cool show, great use of videos.

14. sovtekking

sovtekking Supporting Member

i've become a huge keith urban fan in the last few years. The guy is pretty amazing (sings, plays his own lead parts, writes all his own stuff). And yes, i play bass as well and his bass player is incredible. Bass players are very understated, especially that guy.

15. silencer eleven

silencer eleven Member

anyone know what model fender that is? i saw a live video on CMT and he was playing a few badcats, bogner and it looked like a black face fender, he was amazing and that tele sounded awesome, i want it.

jordan

16. ruger9

ruger9 Member

It's one of the Anniversary Nashville models, with the neck & middle pickups removed. He's got a Dimarzio in the bridge.

17. pepi

pepi Member

I think I've read it's a EMG

18. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

He is definately one good Player and Artisit. He dosnt write all his stuff though. I know one of the guys thats written a number of his hits. Monty Powel. He is from the same Town as I. Havent seen or talked to him in a while though a fellow Gear Pager/Old Friend keeps up with him and talks to Marty Stuart occasinaly.

19. guitarpkr67

guitarpkr67 Supporting Member

I hope not. I've always hated EMGs. If it is he makes them sound good.

20. doveman

doveman Member

One crazy thing ... if you look close the middle and neck pickup slots are empty. That's right ... he's got just a bridge pickup. I was trying to figure out what his tele rig was last year ... wasted a little time. Yep ... empty holes. I think he's a great player too ... but I can't have empty slots. :rotflmao :rotflmao