Keith Urbans guitar rig

zadiqof

Im not much of a country kid, but freagin A, Keith Urbans guitar rig was absolutely amazing to see on live television tonight.

Matchless wasn't it? Looks like he had a Marshall sitting there too.

He sure can play. He had more fire in his performance than most out there.

EP

ToneKing

what gear is he presently usiing? I know he had matchless in his earlier days, than bad cat, bogner, an older marshall. His dvd concert is spectacular, not to menrion the gorgeous ladies inthe audience (he must have a heck of a groupie base) damn.

zadiqof

he had about 2 badcat heads, a bogner head, a matchless head, a few badcat cabinets and a few bad cat combos, stunning.

oxtone

Like zadigof said, he had lots of amps and cabs on stage when a friend and I saw him in Mpls. a couple years ago. His tone was great, as well as his playing, and stage presence. He really lit up the ladies! My buddy and I were two of few guys in the audience, which was 90% women. Not a bad percentage! :D

Urban credits Dann Huff with helping his guitar playing - not a bad endorsement! Huff is incredible!

twangbanger

saw him in our town on tour and he had 2 bogner shivas lit up, also a couple of badcats that where not on(at least it looked that way to me). and an old marshall head. His sideman was using 2 badcats and a vox ac30,both had great tone and more balls than any country act I've ever seen. WHoo and some very hot women in the audience.
Rob

ajric

Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum. From what I know he was using Matcless for a while but had a falling out over something, whether true or not I dont know. Changed to Bad Cat, I think then added the Shiva, already had the Marshall. Currently I believe, well from what I've been told from others, he is mainly using the new Vox AC30cc.

Cheers
Anthony

zadiqof

Scott Glover said:
It must be nice cranking this rig up night after night :D
What I never noticed about that pic, was that there is finally a bass player who knows how to stay out of the way of the guitar amplification-wise. Also, I wish I bought one of his HC-30's.

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
Just saw him a couple of weeks ago, tons of Bad Cat cabs on stage, but the amps were out of view. Great pumped up tone, cool show, great use of videos.

sovtekking

Silver Supporting Member
i've become a huge keith urban fan in the last few years. The guy is pretty amazing (sings, plays his own lead parts, writes all his own stuff). And yes, i play bass as well and his bass player is incredible. Bass players are very understated, especially that guy.

zadiqof said:
anyone know what model fender that is? i saw a live video on CMT and he was playing a few badcats, bogner and it looked like a black face fender, he was amazing and that tele sounded awesome, i want it.

jordan

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
It's one of the Anniversary Nashville models, with the neck & middle pickups removed. He's got a Dimarzio in the bridge.

pepi

ruger9 said:
It's one of the Anniversary Nashville models, with the neck & middle pickups removed. He's got a Dimarzio in the bridge.
I think I've read it's a EMG

Red Planet

sovtekking said:
i've become a huge keith urban fan in the last few years. The guy is pretty amazing (sings, plays his own lead parts, writes all his own stuff). And yes, i play bass as well and his bass player is incredible. Bass players are very understated, especially that guy.
He is definately one good Player and Artisit. He dosnt write all his stuff though. I know one of the guys thats written a number of his hits. Monty Powel. He is from the same Town as I. Havent seen or talked to him in a while though a fellow Gear Pager/Old Friend keeps up with him and talks to Marty Stuart occasinaly.

doveman

One crazy thing ... if you look close the middle and neck pickup slots are empty. That's right ... he's got just a bridge pickup. I was trying to figure out what his tele rig was last year ... wasted a little time. Yep ... empty holes. I think he's a great player too ... but I can't have empty slots. :rotflmao :rotflmao

Trending Topics