Kemper 2 Speculation

New user here. Wonder if anyone can give me advice.

About to buy a kemper stage, 8i6 and Adam T7Vs.

I know kemper stage is going on 2 years old now.

Should I wait for NAMM before buying or just buy now. Yes I want the latest and greatest from Kemper and Focusrite regarding the interfaces.

Thanks all!

Last edited:

DeadLazy

Your guess would be as good as mine, but my guess is it won’t happen this year with Kemper. I have been on a Stage for a year and a half and Focusrite 8i8 for about the same. I don’t even have a guess for Focusrite.

I feel like the Kemper Kab is Kempers latest edition and that will keep up interest and keep them in their current position. I just don’t see them releasing a KPA 2 yet.

I bet it’s in development, though. That’s all meaningless guessing. If anyone has any real insight I’d be interested.

Your guess would be as good as mine, but my guess is it won’t happen this year with Kemper. I have been on a Stage for a year and a half and Focusrite 8i8 for about the same. I don’t even have a guess for Focusrite.

I feel like the Kemper Kab is Kempers latest edition and that will keep up interest and keep them in their current position. I just don’t see them releasing a KPA 2 yet.

I bet it’s in development, though. That’s all meaningless guessing. If anyone has any real insight I’d be interested.

Hey! That’s great, so your already on the setup.

Quick questions for you then. I’ll be 8i6 but same same.

SPDIF. Does it work as you imagine? No clicks pops. 8i6 as master clock kemper as slave.

When computer is off does the focusrite still pass audio via SPDIF? So I can play through the 8i6 into monitors without computer?

Thanks!

RolandKorg

Silver Supporting Member
If Focusrite comes out with a Gen 4, there are always lots of people eager to buy the used versions. I quickly sold my Two year old Gen 2 2i4 when I upgraded to the Gen 3 8i6.

Kemper (it is speculated) is about to announce WiFi mobile editing. They recently gave us new fuzz effects. Before that, new Drives. Before that, a Reverb and delays upgrade. They’re still actively developing the platform and seem to have Rig Manager updates every week. It still performs as well as it did years ago when users couldn’t tell the difference between it and the profiled amp.

If/when you get the Gen 3 Focusrite and pipe your Kemper into it, do not ignore the need to configure the Focusrite software to have the L and R inputs as a stereo pair 1-2, not just a 1 and a 2. I had reset my Focusrite and forgot to do that a long time and couldn’t figure out why my stereo effects weren’t stereoing....

If Focusrite comes out with a Gen 4, there are always lots of people eager to buy the used versions. I quickly sold my Two year old Gen 2 2i4 when I upgraded to the Gen 3 8i6.

Kemper (it is speculated) is about to announce WiFi mobile editing. They recently gave us new fuzz effects. Before that, new Drives. Before that, a Reverb and delays upgrade. They’re still actively developing the platform and seem to have Rig Manager updates every week. It still performs as well as it did years ago when users couldn’t tell the difference between it and the profiled amp.

If/when you get the Gen 3 Focusrite and pipe your Kemper into it, do not ignore the need to configure the Focusrite software to have the L and R inputs as a stereo pair 1-2, not just a 1 and a 2. I had reset my Focusrite and forgot to do that a long time and couldn’t figure out why my stereo effects weren’t stereoing....
Thanks for the tip! All bets are on no new hardware then. Just stings spending 2k on new gear to have something new released in a month.

To wait or not haha

DeadLazy

SPDIF. Does it work as you imagine? No clicks pops. 8i6 as master clock kemper as slave.

When computer is off does the focusrite still pass audio via SPDIF? So I can play through the 8i6 into monitors without computer?

Thanks!
Initially, I had issues with S/PDIF and Kemper had to be the master. After an update a while back those issues went away and as long as you have two S/PDIF (send and return) Kemper will and can act as the slave. That’s how I use it, with my Focusrite as the master.

You’ll want your computer to manage the routing of the Focusrite but yeah, after you’ve set the routing as desired you can just flick on your Focusrite without the computer.

Both units have been great for me. I love the Stage and the Focusrite has been rocksteady. It’s on and used so much and I haven’t had a hitch.

I am on a 7 year old MacBook Air, too.

Ejay

Thanks!
I got Kemper running as master (motu card slave)...works flawless.
If I’m correct kemper doesn’t do slave.

Initially, I had issues with S/PDIF and Kemper had to be the master. After an update a while back those issues went away and as long as you have two S/PDIF (send and return) Kemper will and can act as the slave. That’s how I use it, with my Focusrite as the master.

You’ll want your computer to manage the routing of the Focusrite but yeah, after you’ve set the routing as desired you can just flick on your Focusrite without the computer.

Both units have been great for me. I love the Stage and the Focusrite has been rocksteady. It’s on and used so much and I haven’t had a hitch.

I am on a 7 year old MacBook Air, too.
THANK YOU! Keep rockin my friend.

DeadLazy

I got Kemper running as master (motu card slave)...works flawless.
If I’m correct kemper doesn’t do slave.
In a recent update Kemper can do slave. At least the Stage. I’ve never used a toaster. Or, I’ve never owned a toaster.

R. B.

Sounds about right. I am thinking of waiting all the same until NAMM. Kemper are sneaky. They release without warning. NAMM will come and then I’ll buy.

Yes, I feel like the stage just appeared put of nowhere. As others have said, it's unlikely Kemper 2: Judgement Day will happen at summer Namm... But I think we're close enough to wait now, just in case...

Last edited:
Yes, I feel like the stage just appeared put of nowhere... But then again, maybe I wasn't paying that much attention. As others have said, it's unlikely Kemper 2: Judgement Day will happen at summer Namm... But I think we're close enough to wait now, just in case...
Yep totally agree. With cortex out. I think Kemper truely will release a small kemper without profiling and make it cheaper. That would be something I would be all over considering I’m a bedroom warrior.

rburkard

Double Platinum Member

Should I wait for NAMM before buying or just buy now. Yes I want the latest and greatest from Kemper and Focusrite regarding the interfaces.

Thanks all!
Considering the Kemper history of updates and new products I would expect the Stage to be around for years to come. It is an absolute awesome product. Love mine. And BTW: I had a Neural Quad Cortex but sent it back to the dealer. No match for the Kemper, at least not in the current state and probably for some years to come.

Ejay

Sounds about right. I am thinking of waiting all the same until NAMM. Kemper are sneaky. They release without warning. NAMM will come and then I’ll buy.
Is the namm periode still something manufacturers aim for when releasing products?...or do they simply release when they are ready?Seem to me “the internet” is always “on”....and namm is no more then a drup in the sea in that scheme of things.

DeadLazy

I just feel like Kemper surprises always make people happy and they know that.
It would surprise me if Kemper would spring a surprise that might not be welcome by some.

Hell, as a Stage owner I want a heads up.... so I can I have my money ready. And Kemper would be aware (are) that selling the Stage and then being like “surprise” might alienate some.

All just pure guessing by me. The only thing I’m sure of, is Kemper made better business decisions that I would have and every time I thought they were making a mistake, I was mistaken.

Ejay

I hope they have a stomp/core size unit in the pipeline....which would make sense.
I could imagine a tablet editor beeing a condition for a release of a unit with fewer knobs....its the one format missing in the portfolio...and most important.....I want one!!!

BisGuy

Thanks all!
Buy right now the Kemper, I had your same dilemma in 2019, and it is still here in V1 with continuous development and updates.

Personally I prefer UAD over Focusrite, but it’s just my opinion.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom