texhex

Silver Supporting Member
What you need:
  • A stereo Cab
  • A Kemper
  • An Amp
  • A Power Amp
  • A Two Notes Captor
If you have a stereo Cab (or two Cabs) you can make Profiles of your Amp and A/B your Kemper and Amp in real-time. You can get AITR A/B comparisons and do so at levels that won't make you go deaf.

I've been doing this all morning and it's fantastic. Nice and easy to tweak the Kemper and hear it and the Amp through the same Cab. When you do the A/B between the Kemper and the Amp you will hear the Kemper on one side of the Cab and then the Amp on the other side of the cab.

Connect everything as shown below and then create a Profile as you normally would with the Kemper.

Diagram of how to connect all the pieces and parts:

Last edited:

gigsup

What amps have you profiled using this setup?

What are the results telling you?

Also, I don't know what AITR means... I thought it meant "Adult in the Room"

texhex

Silver Supporting Member
What amps have you profiled using this setup?

What are the results telling you?

Also, I don't know what AITR means... I thought it meant "Adult in the Room"

AITR = Amp In The Room It's refers to how a guitar speaker cabinet sounds in the room as opposed to how a FRFR (Full Range, Flat Response) PA speaker will sound.

I've profiled the Crunch, MK II C+, MK IV and Extreme channels of my Mark V and the Classic Gain Crunch and the Ultra Gain Lead 1 of my DSL100H and I'm totally satisfied with the results.

gigsup

Why did you place the Two Notes Captor between the output of the amp and the cabinet?

texhex

Silver Supporting Member
That is how you get the signal from the Amp to the DI of the Captor and simultaneously out to the Cab.

BWebb

Are you attenuating the amp with the Captor? How loud was it during the profiling process?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom