Kemper as a Pedal Platform??? Wrong forum?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by JerEvil, Apr 29, 2015.

1. JerEvil

JerEvil Supporting Member

So for months I have been wanting a clean pedal platform amp for running odd verbs and delays with different fuzz pedals kind of post rock stuff. Then it just occurred to me, why not a good DI of a Bassman or the like, my power amp and 2x12?

Anyone doing this?

2. 3dognate

3dognate Supporting Member

Try a Two Notes Torpedo C.A.B.

3. JerEvil

See, I already own the Kemper, power amp and cabs. I have been looking at Fenders, Peavey Classic 50 and a few others. I was driving to work today and the idea of using the Kemper just popped in the ol' noodle.

4. fuzzyoctaves

fuzzyoctaves Member

I use my AxeFX Standard as a pedal platform and am very happy with it, but it (and probably the Kemper as well) is pretty overkill for the purpose.

5. manicompression

manicompression Member

Yeah, what Fuzzyoctaves said.

If you want to do this in addition to running the Kemper for all the great different amps it does then awesome, but If your entire need for an amplifier is to use it as a pedal platform then why not get an amazing amp with some character, sell the Kemper and enjoy the profits?

6. JerEvil

Sorry, should have stated, this is just for fun. I use the Kemper for regular gigging as I am not ruling out the 100 watt stack anymore. Overkill for the corporate events/gigs I do.

The pedal thing like I said, is just for making wonderfully sad sounds. I guess I should have asked about using the Kemper in lieu of a clean amp?

7. rnrmf

rnrmf Member

I have great fun running fuzzes in front of the KPA. A PT-mini with fuzz, phase, delay and crazy verb is hours of sonic fun. So much so that apart from interesting germanium FF pedals I find, my pedal buying days are done. :)

8. Don Petersen

Don Petersen Member

cool!
    care to share the settings? :)

9. Don Petersen

Don Petersen Member

I sometimes use the Profiler to evaluate fuzzes (I do have a bit of a collection), new ones and/or projects I'm working on.

There are a few really good pedal platform profiles in the Rig Exchange.

They are unsurprisingly from amps that have a good reputation with pedals.
    My fav is Mats Nermark's "MN T Cped 57C 335" which was taken from a Traynor YCV-40.

10. Michi

Michi Member

Jer, I think our boy Vlad's had great results with the Burnley and/or them other overdrive pedals with the Kemper.