Kemper EVH 5150 III clip - Van Halen backing

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by SkyhighRocks, May 6, 2015.

1. SkyhighRocks

SkyhighRocks Member

Having so much fun with these new profiles I decided to do a clip with a backing track. Guitars are double tracked and panned hard right and left. No tweaks to the profiles at all. My new go to rig!

I didn't actually learn the song so hopefully I didn't screw it up too much!

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/richantonelli/am-audio-profiles-van-halen-clip-evh-5150-iii-kemper-profiles[/SOUNDCLOUD]

2. wedewer

wedewer Supporting Member

Sounds killer!

3. Webfoot

Webfoot Supporting Member

Agreed, great sound... wish I could find a 40 watt head with MV that sounds like that.

4. 3dognate

3dognate Supporting Member

I was using a 5150III profile last night at rehearsal for high gain stuff and it was amazng sounding... we are not a metal band at all... but we do this cool Metallica "For whom the Bell tolls" intro to AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds"... (People go ape **** when they hear it... even when we play wineries and stuff... go figure...) anyway... the 5150III profile sounded enormous....

5. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

Get the 50w 5150 III? :huh

40 or 50w makes no difference really.

6. gibson5413

gibson5413 Member

Awesome Rich! Loved it. Throw some verb on that profile and it would be absolutely tits!

7. SkyhighRocks

SkyhighRocks Member

I have a 5150 III 50 watter and 212 cab coming in today based on profiling the head. It's MY sound! I'll use the Kemper live but I like having an actual amp around too. Time to sell my DSL!

8. ejblives

ejblives Member

9. SkyhighRocks

SkyhighRocks Member

I used the 5153 profiles exclusively at a gig last night...my tone cut through the band like butter! My remote had the following (with effects layout):

1 - 5153 clean (phaser, flanger, chorus, slight delay, reverb, volume boost)
    2 - 5153 green channel slightly overdriven (same effects)
    3 - 5153 blue channel moderate gain(same effects)
    4 - 5153 blue channel (same effects but the delay set for a longer, more pronounced effect when I needed it)
    5 - 5153 red channel lead (volume boost on, delay and reverb on...access to phaser and flanger as well)