Kemper feature, passive tone stacks library for amps

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by tgp100, Jan 31, 2012.

1. tgp100

tgp100 Member

Any updated news about this feature?
    I guess this means when tweaking a made profile on the KPA the eq knobs will respond the same way as the real amp model.
    As of now, the KPA knobs can tweak a profile a lot. Even in ways the original amp eq and gain can't.
    However they don't respond exactly the same as the original amp eq knobs.

In this interview (question 3) C. Kemper says:
    http://www.guitar-muse.com/kemper-profiling-amp-2949-2949
    " We are building up a library for passive tone stacks so every amp can be equipped with the corresponding equalizer, even after the profile has been captured. The tone can be shaped then as on the original. But you can even choose another passive tone stack for your profile, or even a studio equalizer, that goes far beyond the boundaries again."

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. fakeox

fakeox Member

This will be especially great for the people not making their own profiles. Just like adding a 3rd dimension of reality to the snapshot!

3. guitarnet70

guitarnet70 Member

It should be a work in progress, like adding pitch shifting, more FX, block browsing and so for... for the moment I believe the top priority is to come out from the public beta and fix everything (not very much left, a lot is gone already). Then they will have the time to add bells and whistles....

4. fakeox

fakeox Member

So then the Kemper that hits North America is gonna be better than the one that is taking Europe by storm?:mob:mob:mob

5. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

I agree. After spending some time perusing the Kemper Forum's troubleshooting section there still seem to be a number of open issues, even for many of the most vocal early adopters/proponents.
    Let's get the OS / firmware stabilized like concrete... add stuff later.

6. guitarnet70

guitarnet70 Member

Correct! And it is fair: here in Europe when we got the Axe II it was already at FW 3.xxx :D

Is everything half as bad as you could think, give it another couple of weeks and it will be everything fine. As said is not much left to be fixed.

7. sheguitarplayer

sheguitarplayer Member

I always thought this was a funny one.
    When the axefx first came out the tone stack performed the same way, and was in fact touted as a great feature and improvement over the modelled amps.
    I must admit I always preferred this way, and tended to use the 'active' tone stack on the axefx as I felt it gave far more control.
    Passive tone stacks will no doubt be a nice addition to users not making profiles. I honestly can't see many users not at least trying the profiling, it is dead easy even without great micing skills (you can easily swap your 'cab' and 'mic' for one of those already loaded)