Kemper - Friedman Dirty Shirley - Clip and noodling

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by JerEvil, Feb 6, 2015.

1. JerEvil

JerEvil Supporting Member

These are more of the profiles from Tim Owens on the Kemper forum. A couple of his Friedman Dirty Shirley ones. These things, IMHO sound great.

I LOVE these profiles! Here is a test using the High and Low inputs.

Used my Mammoth Custom Les Paul and Ibanez BTB bass. Drums are Steven Slate Platinum 4.

First clip is:
    HO1 DS Low-4 on left/right tracks
    HO1 DS Low-7 on center track with "Boost & Dist in the B slot"

Second clip is:
    HO1 DS High-4 on left/right tracks
    HO1 DS High-7 on center track with "Boost & Dist in the B slot"

Then just some incessant noodling on the DS High-7 profile with verb/delay and I switch the Dist in slot B back on

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jerevil/naked-city-with-clams[/soundcloud]

Feel free to "fire at will" on the performance/recording/etc. I can take it!!! LOL!

2. Tubes and Strings

Tubes and Strings Supporting Member

Sounds awesome. Thanks for posting it.

3. JerEvil

Thanks! Glad you dug it.

4. flcmcya

flcmcya Silver Supporting Member

I tried a couple Jer

Right on!

5. mattball826

mattball826 Member

nice. i like this one too. good demo of mix and raw amp (no mix, fancy panning).

i found the nasaly odd ball stuff (fluffed out mids, no real high end left) as you have (clip @2:23) when you roll the vol back low. it just loses any tonal content the real amp would not. this is just common to a lot of modelers and digital gear, software. not only present on this profile, but on many. it still sounds usable but if they were to get these closer to amps, dynamics is still something that needs to be solved. it's better than years ago, but still work to be done.

6. JerEvil

I agree. I will say SOME profiles clean up better when rolling back the volume than others do. I was advised that when refining profiles during creation, you should tweak your tone and volume knobs as well as vary your pick attack, etc.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll say, regardless of what potential shortcomings a modeler may have, the Kemper is aces for my needs. At least with the performance mode, I can just use a more dialed back preset and have quick changes. I don;t mess with ym volume knob much live but I know MNAY that do so I can see where this may be a detractor.