Kemper profile makers?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by SchmidtMusic, Feb 9, 2020.

1. SchmidtMusic

SchmidtMusic Member

Hi.

I just got my first Kemper. I’m ready to throw in some money for som quality profiles.

my style is blues/rock.

So who should I look for besides Michael Britt?

2. ColdFrixion

ColdFrixion Member

I'd recommend checking out some of the free Rig packs that are included with the Rig Manager software to get some ideas with regard to commercial profilers. I'd also recommend demoing some of the free profiles on the Rig Exchange.

3. Gtrbldr

Gtrbldr Member

Usual suspects are Top Jimi and Tone Junkie. I Use the latter most of the times.

Cactusprick likes this.
  4. Jkop

Jkop Member

I don't mean to be rude, but I would say unless you've had your KPA for a month or so, save your cash and check out the free profiles from packs from profilers like Tone Junkie, Brian Carl, MBritt, Selah Sounds, etc. Start dropping the cash after you find out whose profiles you like the most. They all have different flavors.

shizzaq, Watt McCo and MaxTwang like this.
  5. rdwilson

rdwilson Member

watching this thread

6. SchmidtMusic

SchmidtMusic Member

I he
    I hear you. But where are these free profiles. And how do I get them on my kemper?

7. blueprint

blueprint Member

Bert Meulendijk. Great profiles, works with both single coils and humbuckers !

mikekim, BrianM, Ejay and 1 other person like this.
  8. ColdFrixion

ColdFrixion Member

Free Rig Packs are offered by Kemper using the Rig Manager software. You'll need to connect the Kemper to a computer in order to use them.

Jose7822 likes this.
  9. Jkop

Jkop Member

You can get the ToneJunkie free pack here:
    https://tonejunkiestore.com/official-tone-junkie-kemper-sampler-pack

Then i would HIGHLY recommend watching at least the "Definition Control", "EQ", and "Distortion" videos on their tips and tricks section here:
    https://tonejunkiestore.com/kemper-tips-and-tricks

For Selah Sounds go here and then click on "Free Sample Pack":
    https://www.selahsounds.com/

Unfortunately i didn't see Brian Carl's free pack available. It looks like it may not be there since he's got Multitracks selling his profiles for him now. His are pretty good though. Carl's and Tonejunkie tend to be my favorites. I believe Carl sometimes boosts his rigs volumes a little though. So that may be part of why they instantly sound a little sweeter when you sweep through his next to others.

As far as installing them goes you can do it on via your computer, but i usually use a flashdrive. If you go to Kemper's website or use the manual there are easy step-by-step instructions on getting the latest firmware and installing the profiles. Join the Kemper Amps forum, on Kemper's page. The guys on the Kemper forum are top-notch! After you search the forum for instructions in a previous thread,you will get plenty of help from them. Just be sure to check a previous thread and give it a try before you ask for help;^)

Jose7822 likes this.
  10. Ejay

Ejay Member

Check bert meulendijks...he’s a topdog studio cat / session player..all he sells is road tested.

11. Jose7822

Jose7822 Member

All my go-to profiles these days are mostly from Tone Junkie. As others have said, check out his free pack. You will be able to cover the styles you mentioned with just that!

Also, check out the Rig Packs that we’re suggested, as well as the Rig Exchange. No need to spend money on profiles to get great tones out of the Kemper. But if you have (want) to, Tone Junkie is highly recommended.

Good Luck!

Anthony Gring likes this.
  12. Rayf

Rayf Member

I like The Amp Factory. That said, I haven't spent any money on profiles yet. The stuff from the free packs and a handful of stuff on Rig Manager gives me what I need.

13. Anthony Gring

Anthony Gring Silver Supporting Member

This. A couple of my Fave and most used profiles are from TJ and Selah and were free.

That said, I've spent money ( likely before I needed to ) on profiles from :

TJ
    MBritt
    LRS
    Brian Carl
    Selah

I've not regretted any of the purchases.

Good luck in your search. Find a few you dig, then concentrate on having fun playing !

Jose7822 likes this.
  14. AuntieDiluvian

AuntieDiluvian Member

I'll chime in with MBritt, ToneJunkie and TopJimi. I've payed for packs from all three, and all have worked better for me than any of the stock or free profiles.

Anthony Gring and Jose7822 like this.
  15. texhex

texhex Supporting Member

Probably getting ahead of where you are now as a beginner but some free IRs are good to have and can change the sound and feel of the models.

This one is pretty decent:
    https://wilkinsonaudio.com/products/gods-cab

44.1khz is all you need for the KPA. The SM57 ones are pretty good captures.

[​IMG]

With the Beta Rig Manager you just drag the .wav files into the All Presets > Local Library folder and then click on the Cab block from the Profile you are working with. Then you can just double click on the IR in Rig Manager to load it into the existing profile. You can sample many IRs this way and find one that sounds good for your setup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. tjontheroad

tjontheroad Just Wanna Be Misunderstood Vendor

New Jersey... YOU GOTTA PROBLEM WITH THAT?!?!
  17. Otter351

Otter351 Member

Put down the credit card, download all the free packs from the various profilers and choose your favorite and go from there. I spent a LOT of money paying for profiles from some of the top rated ones and ended up hating most of them. I found a couple profilers that I really liked and stuck with those and have been very happy since. Some of them use the same speaker/cab over and over again for everything. I hate that

18. Afcollett

Afcollett Member

Yeah as others have said, save your money for a while, try the free stuff, I owned the profiler for seven years before I cracked and laid down some cash for commercial profiles and even then I didn’t need them, curiously got the better of me.

19. journo

journo Member

This is a future plug.
    Kemper will be releasing an official Rig Pack with some of my profiles in the near future.
    Shortly after I will offer all my best profiles for sale. I haven't yet decided where and how but it will be revealed.

Cheers,

Mats N

vladorg likes this.
  20. DigitalTube

DigitalTube Supporting Member

I have nothing against buying profiles, but for me what worked, instead of going through thousands of profiles, was to profiles my own amps, with the settings I like, I understand not everyone has tube amps to profile, but if you can borrow or rent a few good amps, try doing your own profiles, i think in the end you'll save a lot of time and get exactly what you like..

AuntieDiluvian likes this.