Kemper profiler amp live - Edgar Winter Band - Doug Rappoport on guitar

tgp100

Still going strong, having fun and they sound very good to me.
Great playing by Doug Rappoport, playing the kemper profiler amp through a Marshall cab.
Here are some classic songs I found on YT.
:)

2015 Nov. 23, "Won't Get Fooled Again Jam" Edgar Winter, Mannheim in Capitol

EDGAR WINTER BAND - Free Ride / Bonn Germany / Nov. 2015

EDGAR WINTER BAND - Rock & Roll Hoochi Koo / Bonn Germany / Nov. 2015
in honour of Johnny Winter

EDGAR WINTER BAND - DEBASER STOCKHOLM 2015

Last edited:

football

Gold Supporting Member
Good lord. So good. And what the heck guitar is that he's playing in "Won't Get Fooled Again"? Went to see if it was listed on the You Tube page in the description but it's not loading for some reason.

geese_com

Silver Supporting Member
Good lord. So good. And what the heck guitar is that he's playing in "Won't Get Fooled Again"? Went to see if it was listed on the You Tube page in the description but it's not loading for some reason.
It is a Knaggs Kenai.

b_goatman

Gold Supporting Member
Thank you - I wasn't familiar with Doug, but like him a lot! Also psyched that he's using a Kemper...still in the learning curve with mine.

Noah

Gold Supporting Member
Love his playing! He's like a mix of Eric Johnson and Brian May with some Vinnie Moore mixed in. He's got a certain "feel" that most guitarist are lacking (IMO).
I'd love to know what Kemper profile that is...sounds amazing!

EDIT***** I wrote to him to ask what profile he was using and he was cool enough to respond very quickly-

"I was using Suhr Badger profile. stil use it actually. they have a Buddah 30 (I forget the exact name) that also sounds great. Thanks, Noah!"

Last edited:

JoeB63

Silver Supporting Member
Incredibly impressive playing in the first (Won't get Fooled Again) clip. And perfect tone for what he's doing there.

MikeyG

Silver Supporting Member
The Doug R show with sideman Edgar Winter :)

Seriously that guy has perfect tone and his playing is the tastiest I've heard in a long long time

Pat6969

Silver Supporting Member
That guy can play!! Sounds unbelievable!! Wish I had 25% of his skill.

jlagrassa

Silver Supporting Member
Dougs just one of those guys that can make anything sound great, always love seeing him play!

Yah, really good player. Lot of Eric Johnson influence there. His phrasing, very nice. I agree, he's got feel that many lack. I'd never heard of him either.
Something odd about the way that amp handles doublestops. His tone is great overall though, especially given that the sound of the recordings really lacks for presence.

Jim S

Platinum Supporting Member
His VH riffs for the Friedman Luxxtone vids are sick. The man always is on fire.

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
I can listen to Dougie Raps play all day, anytime. Just a fabulous tone from his hands. Great to see him using the Kemper!

Trending Topics