Kemper Profiler Stage

PaisleyWookie

Every auto manufacturer competes with a huge used market. Do you think they sit in the corporate office and look at used car prices to determine the price of a new car? Get real. The new Kemper is not going to be inexpensive compared to the retail price of a new rack/toaster or the used market.
Oh cool, a car comparison!! That didn't take too long. Until we're driving Kempers, irrelevant comparison.

Where did I mention Behringer? There's a used Kemper rack and remote in Mint condition right now on Reverb for $1899. That's competition for a $1700-$1800 Profiler Stage.
I get what you’re saying as a consumer, but that is little to no factor on putting out a price on a new unit

I think we’ll get a Kemper 2.0 at some point in the next few years

It’s good as is & kind of refreshing that KPA doesn’t do the stagger release approach that continually screws customers

For now, this stage profiler will make many people happy
I look forward to the updates that are likely to come with it- they’re always awesome

PaisleyWookie

I get what you’re saying as a consumer, but that is little to no factor on putting out a price on a new unit
And I'm saying as someone who used to work in the MI retail biz I feel that that's very shortsighted, and other companies are already making changes to deal with the used market. But agree to disagree.

schmokes15

I think we’ll get a Kemper 2.0 at some point in the next few years

It’s good as is & kind of refreshing that KPA doesn’t do the stagger release approach that continually screws customers

For now, this stage profiler will make many people happy
I look forward to the updates that are likely to come with it- they’re always awesome
If they go the fractal route, they’ll drop the Kemper 2 a few years after the pedalboard. On the other hand, this launch proves they are nothing like Fractal (in a good way).

pickleweed

looks cool, but my interest certainly depends on price point. ive got to believe they know theyre in the market competing against things like the gt-1000, the fm3, and the helix, all of which are around 1k ballparked.

if they come in at 1600-1700 bucks....i just dont see it.

dickjonesify

Not sure why everyone is so negative about a floor based Kemper?

Anyone else find it odd that it's got plastic jacks? Odd choice for any pro level unit unless it's a new design that makes them some sort of improvement?
Well on a toaster, plastic jacks make it possible to ground lift but since I see no ground lift buttons on this... :eek:

Ingolf

looks cool, but my interest certainly depends on price point. ive got to believe they know theyre in the market competing against things like the gt-1000, the fm3, and the helix, all of which are around 1k ballparked.

if they come in at 1600-1700 bucks....i just dont see it.
C'mon, it’s a full profiler. It will likely cost a little more than an unpowered head/rack.
If you don’t see it I'm sure many people will.

Dave Merrill

Where did I mention Behringer? There's a used Kemper rack and remote in Mint condition right now on Reverb for $1899. That's competition for a $1700-$1800 Profiler Stage.
No manufacturer of anything competes against the used price for their own gear, that's nuts. Among other things, if they did, used prices would go down, driving new price down, driving used price down etc., and before long everything would be free.

I don't see why a floor unit with the capabilities of a toaster/rack + remote should sell for a lot less than the total price of the two.

DamianGreda

Anyone else find it odd that it's got plastic jacks? Odd choice for any pro level unit unless it's a new design that makes them some sort of improvement?
What's wrong with them?
You will find such sockets in a large number of professional equipment. Remember that not always mass must be connected through the chasis and sometimes it is undesirable.

Trending Topics