• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Kemper Profiler Stage

PaisleyWookie

No manufacturer of anything competes against the used price for their own gear, that's nuts. Among other things, if they did, used prices would go down, driving new price down, driving used price down etc., and before long everything would be free.

I don't see why a floor unit with the capabilities of a toaster/rack + remote should sell for a lot less than the total price of the two.
They're free to price it whatever they want. They're also free to suffer the consequences. It's not like they're doing anything more than shoving 7+ year old tech into a floorboard.

OPENYOUREYES

Not sure why everyone is so negative about a floor based Kemper?

Anyone else find it odd that it's got plastic jacks? Odd choice for any pro level unit unless it's a new design that makes them some sort of improvement?
Less manufacture cost i would guess-by pennies

Guitardave

There's no indication those are plastic jacks. Looks like some sort of alloy
Hence my comment that hopefully it's actually something different.

What's wrong with them?
You will find such sockets in a large number of professional equipment. Remember that not always mass must be connected through the chasis and sometimes it is undesirable.
Floor based units invariably have more risk of people stepping on the plugs as a starting point.

OPENYOUREYES

Its a good plan
But probably easier to go after Fractal realistically
Their weak point is the distribution channel
Line6 is simplify bigger with one FB group of 24k alone
Plus they also have a whole host of HX products

Its a very different landscape than 2011 when the Kemper debuted now
just get them into GC and other similar stores and let the 15-20% coupons work- that should do it 1-2-3

pickleweed

C'mon, it’s a full profiler. It will likely cost a little more than an unpowered head/rack.
If you don’t see it I'm sure many people will.
a full profiler, in which what, 30 percent of customers actually profile? and thats probably generous.

at the end of the day, its a delivery system to deliver guitar tones, in that space, they have ample competition. the methodologies are different, but theyre in direct competition whether they like to believe it or not. i fully expect it to be in the 1700 dollar range because kempers gonna kemper, but ive got to do a cost analysis for MY dollars. and if i can get something similar tones for less dollars, thats where my dollars may go. but we'll see what it actually comes in at.

Ingolf

a full profiler, in which what, 30 percent of customers actually profile? and thats probably generous.

at the end of the day, its a delivery system to deliver guitar tones, in that space, they have ample competition. the methodologies are different, but theyre in direct competition whether they like to believe it or not. i fully expect it to be in the 1700 dollar range because kempers gonna kemper, but ive got to do a cost analysis for MY dollars. and if i can get something similar tones for less dollars, thats where my dollars may go. but we'll see what it actually comes in at.
You're right, but profiling is/was Kemper's chore competence from the get-go.
Also it's still their unique selling point.
People need to realize this is not a stripped down version of anything existing Kemper but a different form factor incl. a substantial enhancement I/O wise IMO (second loop).
Everything else is just wishful thinking.

phil_m

How did this get here? I'm not good at computer.
Gold Supporting Member
I get what you’re saying as a consumer, but that is little to no factor on putting out a price on a new unit
Only one data point, I suppose, but in all the pricing discussions I’ve been privy to among Line 6 folks over the years, not once has any of them brought up the used market. I think they’re much more concerned about the feature/value ratio comparative to other things on the market. Some of it is talking to retailers and getting feedback as far as what price ranges they’re comfortable with. I think the biggest thing is that the pressure to keep prices lower (in a relative sense) while offering more and more features is a constant challenge.

Ejay

Likely for easier access to pedal configuration
1 button for something you do once a year?
My glass bowl keeps predicting profiling of overdrives / compressors.
Which would allign with a 2nd loop to connect to a head/toaster/amp.
Which would explain zero development of drives so far, yet enough signals that would be answering desires of users.

PaisleyWookie

I sound like I'm down on the Stage, but really I'm super interested. I'm just hoping they realize Helix Floor is $1500, FM3+FC6 (if it ever actually comes out) is $1500, and do it for $1500-$1600. Maybe it is wishful thinking, who knows.

One thing they do have that Fractal doesn't is distribution, and the often special financing and/or coupons that come with it.

I'm on the FM3 list, but honestly I'm getting weary of waiting.

Ingolf

1 button for something you do once a year?
My glass bowl keeps predicting profiling of overdrives / compressors.
Which would allign with a 2nd loop to connect to a head/toaster/amp.
Which would explain zero development of drives so far, yet enough signals that would be answering desires of users.
I love your thinking.
Could you also kindly tell me next week's lottery numbers? ;)

douglaswarren

Yep. I’m sure there’s a profiling market out there, seems to be plenty on this forum, but out of every Kemper owner I know in Nashville, only a couple actually profile, the vast majority I’ve spoken to or gig with got it for gigging and chose Kemper because they thought it sounded and acted most like a real amp. I’m sure if I dig deeper and ask around more I’d find several others. who gig with their own amp profile, but they definitely seem to be in the minority. Why gig with your own boring Princeton when you could gig with an Overdrive Special profile? When I got mine from Sweetwater my sales rep never once mentioned the Profiling option when comparing it to the Helix, which was a way better deal. I got it for the tone. Even if this floor model Profiles, which it probably does the more I read about it, I highly doubt many people would use that function, which is probably why Kemper didn’t need make it an obvious easy to find setting

Jarick

Silver Supporting Member
Well lots of used Kemper + Remotes are around $1900, so that would also be their competition.

They NEED an editor before releasing the Stage though. Can you imagine having to bend down every time you want to touch anything on the unit?

Trending Topics