Kemper Profiler Stage

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by seigmen, Jul 19, 2019.

1. douglaswarren

douglaswarren Member

Yep. I’m sure there’s a profiling market out there, seems to be plenty on this forum, but out of every Kemper owner I know in Nashville, only a couple actually profile, the vast majority I’ve spoken to or gig with got it for gigging and chose Kemper because they thought it sounded and acted most like a real amp. I’m sure if I dig deeper and ask around more I’d find several others. who gig with their own amp profile, but they definitely seem to be in the minority. Why gig with your own boring Princeton when you could gig with an Overdrive Special profile? When I got mine from Sweetwater my sales rep never once mentioned the Profiling option when comparing it to the Helix, which was a way better deal. I got it for the tone. Even if this floor model Profiles, which it probably does the more I read about it, I highly doubt many people would use that function, which is probably why Kemper didn’t need make it an obvious easy to find setting

2. Jarick

Jarick Supporting Member

Well lots of used Kemper + Remotes are around $1900, so that would also be their competition.

They NEED an editor before releasing the Stage though. Can you imagine having to bend down every time you want to touch anything on the unit?

douglaswarren and dickjonesify like this.
  3. pickleweed

pickleweed Member

lol, i dont think the used market is a consideration at all. and dropping the price would only further drop the used market, soo.......

their competition is what is already available as a full floorboard. so the gt-1000, the full helix at 1500....the fm3 and hx stomp type things serve somewhat different markets, so i wouldnt consider them direct competition per se. i think ingolf said it best - this is the toaster in a different form factor. maybe with some new usability. so toaster prices are what we can probably expect.

crankyrayhanky and Ingolf like this.
  4. wcfields

wcfields Member

That things looks it's straight out the 80's

5. XTC Blue

XTC Blue Silver Supporting Member

They know they're not. They have a hand up - profiling. Anything under $2K and they sell out immediately. This market we're all a part of will spend a few extra hundreds if it gets them another 1 or 2% of overall performance over the other guys.

Plastic is the boogeyman. Same goes for latency and China.
    For many, many applications (including medical and aerospace) a synthetic polymer is far superior to other materials in regard to strength to size ratio and thermal/electrical insulation properties.

6. XTC Blue

Headphones confirmed.
    [​IMG]

JiveTurkey likes this.
  7. JoeB63

JoeB63 Supporting Member

Helix Floor is $1,599 now. I'm sticking with $2,199 for this new Kemper.

(BTW, I sold my Kemper + Floorboard for $1,725 a year and a half ago. That was a good deal for the guy who bought it, I guess).

73PeterD likes this.
  8. DamianGreda

DamianGreda Member

Actually @Guitardave has a valid point here (mechanical strength - especially soldered connections for stress)but it looks like they are secured with some set of screws.

yeky83 likes this.
  9. XTC Blue

So 30% are profiling their own amps and the other 70% are playing profiles that other's have made. No other digital amp can profile.

What's your point?

10. XTC Blue

11. Ejay

Ejay Member

I would need some tealeaves for those ;)

Ingolf likes this.
  12. PBGas

PBGas Supporting Member

Great to see Kemper coming out with a floor unit! Looking forward to hearing more about it. Looks great!

13. pickleweed

pickleweed Member

30 percent are using the singular unique feature that seems to warrant the premium kemper is charging, and 70 percent arent. the 70 percent are playing emulations of an amp theyve never played, and how they got there is indifferent to them, be it a profile they bought or an axe preset they shared. thats the point.

leperclown and douglaswarren like this.
  14. DamianGreda

DamianGreda Member

This was not about the material, but about the fact that they are not fixed to the nut housing - which can transfer the stress to the soldered connections. And whether plastic or not is another matter. But as I wrote it looks like they are attached with an extra pair of screws.

yeky83, Guitardave and XTC Blue like this.
  15. Dave Merrill

Dave Merrill Supporting Member

Playing Kemper profiles is also unique to Kemper you know.

16. SteveO

SteveO Member

The singular unique feature is the sound and dynamic responsiveness.

crankyrayhanky likes this.
  17. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Silver Supporting Member

I love the Kemper. LOVE it. This new floor unit is cool looking to a degree. The deluge of buttons is a little much for me; though I know that's the Kemper way. I am not GASing for it. Unless there's a synth block coming with it as well
    :hide2

Of all the companies offering a small alternative; I would think this would be a golden opportunity for Kemper to mine that vein and CLEAN everyone else's clock. Alas; that's not the case. Interested to see how it plays out from afar.

yeky83, mbenigni and burningyen like this.
  18. phil_m

phil_m Supporting Member

I think a small Kemper floor unit that just offered amp and cab modeling, reverb, and an effects loop would do pretty well.

yeky83, mbenigni, frankencat and 3 others like this.
  19. rburkard

rburkard Gold Supporting Member

Kemper will kill their competition with the floor unit. Period.

20. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Silver Supporting Member

Yes. Exactly. The clock cleaning part was hyperbolic :anonBut it seems like "money on the table" moment.

mbenigni likes this.