Kemper Profiler Stage

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by seigmen, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

Can anyone recommend me a great pack of Merged Profiles to use with a guitar cab? MBritt stuff seems to be studio profiles except for the Crank & Go pack, and I feel that those amps included are a little heavy for my covers band.

2. TonePilot

TonePilot Supporting Member

Maybe BT will be in a future version.

Exiled_On_Main_St likes this.
  3. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

Maybe!

4. Bach1970

Bach1970 Supporting Member

I just received the profiler stage. Great sounds. But I have a big problem with rig manager. I have Mac with the latest iOS, the rig manager would not open, sometimes it does after I restart the computer but then it stops again, also, I cannot drag the profiles from computer desktop to rig manager, if I load from USB it happened couple of times that the profiler got stuck with only Kemper ligo on the screen - unit frozen

5. WBellman

WBellman Silver Supporting Member

I have 2 to sell. Because there's so many stay at home players I don't think they'll fall too much.

Another vote for Bert. Still the best Friedman profiles I've ever played.

Check your PC settings and make sure auto-stop or auto-sleep are turned off. Also, be careful to not have too many other programs open.

6. quantech

quantech Member

If I am understanding what you are saying correctly, you are having a hard time mainly with Perform mode because you can't change the names of the banks/scenes in a performance or edit the name of the performance because you have to do it on the unit itself? I've been using Rig Manger for at least a few months now now to do just this. I've created close to 40 performances and was able to edit all the scene and performance names in Rig Manager. Very easy. I imagine you are using a fairly old version of RM?

Exiled_On_Main_St likes this.
  7. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

Oh well... Now you tell me! :D:D:D:D

8. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

If Stage works like any KPA, are you aware you can connect a keyboard to the USB socket?

Does this happen when the KPA is not connected as well?

9. ripley156

ripley156 Supporting Member

There were a few questions asked regarding removing the feet but I didn’t see an answer. I have a temple board so ventilation won’t be an issue. Has anyone heard if the feet are actually holding anything in place or are they OK to remove?

10. Bach1970

Bach1970 Supporting Member

OK,
    I think I sorted it out.
    Deleted RM and when re-loading the new one, it asked me to update the firmaware to 7.01 something
    Now the RM works correctly

WBellman likes this.
  11. big mike

big mike Plexi Loving Admin Staff Member

Keep to topic and drop the bickering

12. Jose7822

Jose7822 Member

I think so? :huh

Sorry, I leave my Kemper at church overnight on Saturday since I come back Sunday early morning. But they are definitely different than what’s on the other Kempers. Hopefully someone else can answer that more conclusively.

So...after playing a couple of services with the Stage I do have a complaint. I terribly miss the Stomps, Stack & Effects buttons, as well as the Copy/Paste buttons. They made moving things around so much easier. Like if I want to Copy/Paste a whole Rig from one Performance to another, for example. I was trying to find this in the manual, but I didn’t really have time to find an easy solution. Anyone know how to do this (without Copying the Rig to the Pool)?

Thanks!

13. WBellman

Wow. Hadn't noticed that before. I used all 5 of those pretty often when setting things up and during major editing.
    That's a bad omission for sure.

Jose7822 likes this.
  14. Jose7822

Jose7822 Member

Yeah, I don’t know why they were removed. But they are sorely missed :-(.

15. timowens316

timowens316 Member

I’m not sure if this is what you are asking for, and I’m going from memory which isn’t too good these days haha. You press and hold a button to select something like an effect, then you press and hold the button again and a window will pop up giving you the option to copy or paste. I’m not near my Stage so I can’t confirm this but I’m pretty sure it works.

HTH

Jose7822 likes this.
  16. Deuterium

Deuterium Member

Hello Jose,

Hopefully this might help you out. Check out page 53 of the new Kemper Reference Manual 7.0. Here is an excerpt from the manual:
    -----------
    COPY and PASTE Buttons (N/A)
    In case you miss the COPY and PASTE buttons that you know from the other PROFILER variants, there is good
    news: The PROFILER Stage offers a clipboard, too!
    You can copy and paste any module (A-D, Amplifier, Cabinet, X-REV) as well as the entire stack section. When a
    module is in focus, hold its button again for two seconds to open the copy/paste screen. For the stack section, press
    both AMPLIFIER and CABINET buttons to enter the stack section and then hold both buttons again for two seconds.
    Following the same principle in Performance Mode, you can also copy and paste complete Slots by holding the RIG
    button for two seconds.
    Use this copy and paste function to grab a module and copy its data to another similar location. For example, you
    can copy and paste the settings of one module to another, either within the same Rig, or another Rig entirely. To do
    this, first open a module, hold its button again for two seconds, then select “Copy” on the screen. Next, select and
    open a destination module, press its button again, holding it for two seconds, then select “Paste”. Voilà!
    -------------

Cheers,
    John

Jose7822 likes this.
  17. Jose7822

Jose7822 Member

Thanks guys!

I was actually looking for a way to Copy the whole Rig (Performance Slot) in one go. Apparently there’s a bug preventing this when using the Rig button. I had to do each module one at a time (except the Amp & Stack, which you can at least do both at the same time).

There are a couple of work arounds, including copying the Rig to the pool. But anyway, it’s done.

Hope they fix it soon!

Take care!

Deuterium likes this.
  18. WBellman

Went to bed thinking there's no way Kemper would omit just an awesome feature in a next generation product. YAY team Kemper!

Deuterium likes this.
  19. Jose7822

Jose7822 Member

Except they kinda did. AFAIK, you can’t Copy/Paste an entire Stomp or Effect section. You have to do one module at a time. There are workarounds, but that’s what they are (workarounds).

One way Kemper could solve this would be to enable Copy/Pasting these modules by pressing & holding either the Edit button or the Rig button. Then you have 4 soft buttons available for different options, such as: 1) Copy Stomp section; 2) Copy Stack section; 3) Copy Effects section; 4) Copy entire Rig/Slot. Go to where you need to Paste it, press & hold the Edit/Rig button and Paste using soft button 1. Done!

Also, I don’t like the fact that merely plugging in the power to the Kemper Stage automatically turns it ON, and that when it turns ON it defaults to Browser mode rather than whatever mode was last used.

I probably sound like a negative Nancy, but I really love everything else about the Stage. The form factor and weight are just perfect!! It just needs some slight polish and it should be on par with the other units :).

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  20. WBellman

Have to assume this can be handled with the new editor. Maybe they even sprinkled in some customized programming of the Stage's hardware?????

To me, this is a check-mark in the negative column too.

Constructive criticism is always cool, and I'd wager the brands use it all the time during new product development.

Jose7822 likes this.