Kemper Profiler Stage

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by seigmen, Jul 19, 2019.

1. WBellman

WBellman Supporting Member

Too many colors (Kemper included) reminds me of one of these from the 70s:

[​IMG]

2. Dan Desy

Dan Desy Member

I can’t understand people complaining about the color, or look, of a product such as this.
    That’s so besides the point.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019 at 10:49 PM
    benvigil and hippietim like this.
  3. blandified

blandified Supporting Member

Because some people are more concerned with image than they are with making music.... ;D

4. WBellman

I haven't played out in 25 years and I usually jam while wearing my old stained slippers.
    I find too many lights distracting. I use to dim them to almost off on the KPA Toaster.

5. totoleheron

totoleheron Member

Mine has bugs. It freezes if you plug and USB key.
    It starts as soon as you plug the power cable.
    It stops by itself after 20 minutes.

I think that's all.

6. blandified

With it stopping by itself after 20mins, it's definitely not ready to be used in live gigs, right?

totoleheron likes this.
  7. phil_m

phil_m Supporting Member

If your gig is 15 minutes long, you'll be all set...

Toby Krebs, hippietim and JiveTurkey like this.
  8. ispunk

ispunk Supporting Member

Best new band name: Stained Slippers

JiveTurkey and timowens316 like this.
  9. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Silver Supporting Member

In some cases; it might be seen as a compliment :)

hippietim likes this.
  10. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

Mine has these issues.

Performance Up intermittently works. It may go up 5 in a row or it will be fine, or it won't go up until you've pressed it 5 times.

If you use the Monitor Out via 1/4 inch cable there is a strange ticking noise every 13-15 seconds. It is non audible when listening through headphones. Try it out and see if it happens to you. A few people and shops have told me it's been happening to their units.

Am not too impressed right now. I'm awaiting stock in my local shop next week.

11. Bach1970

Bach1970 Supporting Member

Not true, I have used mine several hours without any hiccup. I have had some freezing, usually when I am flipping through the rigs very fast, I have had fairly fast response from Kemper, they recommend newest firmware 7.0.2, but I do not see it anywhere. I replied to them today,so far no response
    I owned the toaster a few years ago, at the time I was really impressed with morphing, but now all of the modeleres have that in a sort of way, went back to some of the rigs that I had from Michael Britt(800, ACE50) they are really good. But I have loaded a few rigs from Tone junkie. One I am really impressed with is the 65 deluxe reverb - It is spot on. Just wish, they included couple of direct profiles, so I can try with different IRs.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019 at 7:26 AM
  12. WBellman

Stained Slippers! With special guest, Barefoot Buttons!
    They gig together all the time!

Just turn it off/on between sets!

(man, the bruises under KP's eyes keep getting more purple.... "

13. totoleheron

totoleheron Member

You have to wait 15 minutes, it does not want to start before.

I have no ticking noise.

I agree with tone junkie profiles. There is a free profile pack.

14. DigitalTube

DigitalTube Member

I've received mine, but haven't even opened the box, and probably won't have a chance to do it for another 3 weeks when I get back home..but from what I've been reading here and FB it's looking like I'll have to do a lot of testing before trusting it for live gigs. It was good to see Kemper start shipping as soon as announced but doesn't look like they did enough testing. Gear in this price range is most likely going to be used by pros who can't risk issues on stage. But I trust Kemper and haven't had any issues with the rack, so hopefully they'll get it all solved quick.

15. blandified

I just wanted to say that I have had my Kemper Stage for a few days now without ANY of the aforementioned issues. No freezing, no RigManager problems, no ticking noise. I have not updated to the newest version though, so maybe that's why (newest OS is a public beta).

16. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

Be sure to stay in your return/refund time frame. Many units had to be returned because first batches seem to have quite a high percentage of failures.

Ingolf likes this.
  17. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

Don’t you have store warranties? Have a year as standard under standard consumer regulations (UK), then a further two years with Kemper.

On another note, I’ve got my performances set up with the same amps so far. So my lead rigs are levelled perfectly and delay etc. If I want to change amps it’s going to be completely unbalanced.

Is there a way to change amps and lock the rig volume of the amp so that the new amp can slot right into the balance of the performance?

18. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

Sure :) Just many prefer the freedom to be reimbursed, or to have their unit swapped for a brand new one.

19. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

Yea normally within a year most shops here will just swap the item.

20. Jose7822

Jose7822 Member

I don’t think so. You’ll have to rebalance the volume of the new Profile manually.

Even though that would be a cool feature, if done correctly, it would be kinda hard for a device to know how to match the volume of a Rig to the rest of the slots in a Performance. The Kemper would have to analyze all of them and somehow figure it out. Probably more practical to do by ear.

If you’re referring to simply locking the volume of the Rig while browsing, without volume matching it to the rest of the slots in a Performance, then it wouldn’t be a very useful feature since every profile would have varying volume levels anyway (based on how it was Profiled).