Kemper Profiler Stage

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by seigmen, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

Yea exactly. It would be useful, but maybe impossible!

Jose7822 likes this.
  2. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

Where? In the US?
    Here in Italy things are much worse customers-side, unless you buy online...

3. Jose7822

Jose7822 Member

I wouldn’t call it impossible. I’m sure it is possible, but perhaps not practical since it would need resources to run.

That said, this could be more easily implemented in a computer editor, where you have expandable CPU and memory that’s not eating resources that could be more useful in other areas (like modeling amps, fx, etc). You can do this right now in a DAW, but it would be cool to have a LUFS meter integrated in the computer Editor. However, that would require for the device to double as an audio interface, which the Kemper doesn’t do. This means this is more possible with the Axe FX or the Helix.

If you’re asking for something more automatic, then that would be a bit harder since it’ll not only depend on the inherent loudness of the profiles, but also how hard you pick and maybe other factors. Unless, the device could somehow store metadata of how you play those profiles and then allows you to balance all of them with one button press. Then again, this would require valuable resources to pull off.

4. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

UK. I’ve had multiple things swapped out.

Viabcroce likes this.
  5. Jose7822

Jose7822 Member

Two successful weekends using the Stage without a hitch. Gotta say I’m really LOVING this form factor.

6. DigitalTube

DigitalTube Member

I'm not too worried, if there are any issues with it, I'm sure Kemper will take care of it, I bought it in the USA, but I'm in Europe for another 3 weeks.
    I still have the Kemper rack, Axe II and a Boss Gt 1000, which I'll keep using till I test, and feel I can trust the Stage.

7. WBellman

WBellman Silver Supporting Member

Sweet! The few hiccups will be soon forgotten once more people share your type of experience with one. Beta bugs aside, I'm still blown away how they were able to get this thing to market with such stealth. Units were here in the US before the world even knew it was coming. Crazy!

Jose7822 likes this.
  8. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

I’ve saved some Performances. How do I get them back on the Kemper intact with the effects and settings that I saved them as?

I cannot find a way to do it. The option to save on Kemper is greyed our and it only seems to let me preview the rig in the Performance, but then the effects aren’t saved.

Thanks.

9. Ingolf

Ingolf Member

I have no problem saving performances from my Powerhead to RigManager and then drag them into my Stage

Exiled_On_Main_St and Jose7822 like this.
  10. Blanket Jackson

Blanket Jackson ¿Qué Hiciste? Silver Supporting Member

Can you confirm that you can do the same in reverse? (shouldn't be an issue as it is likely constrained by the RigManager, but just want to confirm). Thanks!

11. Jose7822

Jose7822 Member

I know! I really liked the way Kemper did the release of the Stage, as far announcing it and having it available right away. That’s how you do a release! But it would’ve been a perfect release if the software and hardware were more thoroughly tested. Even then it hasn’t failed me, so I’m still happy!!

I’m not sure exactly what you’re asking, but in order to save in the Kemper you press the “Store” button 3 times in a row. If you’re referring to Rig Manager, I’m not in front of my computer, but to get your saved Performances from your computer into the Kemper you need to drag and drop them into the “My Profiler” folder under the “All Performances” folder in Rig Manager.

HTH

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  12. Ingolf

Ingolf Member

Sorry for being unclear how it works.
    You can drag a performance from the Stage into RM and store it there. You cannot drag it back, but you can copy a performance in RM and paste it into a performance location on the Stage.
    Works.

13. yeatzee

yeatzee Member

From the Kemper facebook group

[​IMG]

joesatch and JiveTurkey like this.
  14. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

Does it include all the effects parameters and rig volumes etc?

15. yeky83

yeky83 Member

Right. Any rigs' volume (Kemper or otherwise) depends on the input and can't really be automatically balanced.

If you have a high output guitar going into a clean rig and a dirty rig, maybe the clean rig will be too loud in comparison and you'll have to turn it down. Plug a low output guitar into those two same rigs, and now the clean rig will be too quiet and you'll have to turn it up.

Jose7822 likes this.
  16. Ingolf

Ingolf Member

Yes. Everything that belongs to a performance.

Jose7822 and Exiled_On_Main_St like this.
  17. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

Oh okay. Got a link for the process? Thanks.

18. Ingolf

Ingolf Member

What link?
    Have you connected your stage to RigManager?
    It’s really easy.
    Just copy a performance that’s stored in RM and paste it to a performance location in your stage.
    Done.

19. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

I tried that before and it didn’t work. Okay I’ll give it another go. Thanks.

20. tjontheroad

tjontheroad Just Wanna Be Misunderstood Silver Supporting Member

New Jersey... YOU GOTTA PROBLEM WITH THAT?!?!
    Has anyone created a new profile with Stage yet? Any issues to report? Is an external mic preamp required due to the lack of a XLR input?

I’m very much looking forward to profiling my amp collection.