Kemper Profiler Stage

gravedanger

I'm a noob when it comes to profiling. Here's a question:

Can I book the DI box up to my Kemper and Plexi to grab a direct profile, then copy a cab from another profile to have a "complete" profile? I'm essentially trying to capture my Plexi and then swap in existing cabs until I get close to the sound I want.

Peet

I'm a noob when it comes to profiling. Here's a question:

Can I book the DI box up to my Kemper and Plexi to grab a direct profile, then copy a cab from another profile to have a "complete" profile? I'm essentially trying to capture my Plexi and then swap in existing cabs until I get close to the sound I want.
Yes, you are able to add any of the cabinet signals to a direct Profile to create a merched Profile.

Foxmeister

Silver Supporting Member
Don’t you have store warranties? Have a year as standard under standard consumer regulations (UK), then a further two years with Kemper.
All the while we are still in the EU, it's a standard 2-year warranty against faulty goods as per EU regulations.

However, there is a "hierarchy of remedies", which often means that unless you reject a faulty item within a certain period, the seller can insist on a repair rather than replacing a faulty item.

When the capacitive switches failed on my HX Stomp, I'd had the unit for a few months and although PMT didn't quibble about the fault when I sent it back, it still had to go back to a Line 6 service centre for repair, rather than a replacement (which worked out fine).

My point is that the quicker you find a fault, the more likely you are to get a replacement rather than a repair. The same goes for refunds - you'd be hard-pressed to get a refund on something you've used for a few months unless you could demonstrate that the whole product wasn't fit for purpose.

Bach1970

Supporting Member
I have two questions:
1. how does the output EQ correspond to parametric EQ - say I want to place 90Hz Low cut and 7500Hz high cut -> how much cut in bass and presence ?
2. maybe @CKemper might answer this one - would it be possible to extend the looper to 45-60s ?
the 30s is barely enough for one phrase/verse - I would so much appreciate additional 15-20s :)
thx!

Bach1970

Supporting Member
Super
The other question is: what approximate setting of the output EQ would correspond to the typical 90 Hz low cut and 7500 Hz high cut?

EL84 Abuser

Super
The other question is: what approximate setting of the output EQ would correspond to the typical 90 Hz low cut and 7500 Hz high cut?
You shouldn't think of them as similar. You're EQ'ing in two different ways. Trying to do the same thing with both would be a massive compromise.

NandoGuitar

Hi, guys

Does anyone have a list of all Kemper Stage issues so far? I'm going to buy one, but I want to do a full check before.

Ingolf

Hi, guys

Does anyone have a list of all Kemper Stage issues so far? I'm going to buy one, but I want to do a full check before.
Better read up about the bugfixes that Kemper has done since FW 7.0.0 (the one the Stage originally shipped with).
Now we’re on 7.0.9.

pickleweed

What's everyones favorite Britt profile pack? Got his grab and go, and his matchless spitfire is the mutts' nuts. Might grab another since they are on sale.

Anyone have a fave pack they use?

Last edited:

Smc2

Got my stage today from British Audio with the Tone Junkie everything pack! Really stoked so far, got the thing updated and imported some plexi rigs from the TJ pack. Besides feeling like I'm navigating the son of Johnson Millennium it's a really cool piece of gear and the tones have me smiling and jamming out. I feel like it's going to take me literally months to explore this rig pack and these plexi tones are top notch. Glad to be on-board with this Kemper thing finally! Need editor ASAP.

Smc2

I wanted to offer up a tip for direct profiling into a guitar cab. I've been using the Mulder audio speaker cables for years. With high end tube amps I often found it to be too much but with cheap amps it would open them up. I've been playing my Kemper through a Powerstage amp into guitar cab and experimenting with different speaker cables from the Powerstage into the cab. I gotta say, the Mulder cable makes it sound at least 10% more real. YMMV depending on what you use but I recommend trying it out if you are in the market for a cable, the guy has a unique process and materials. I've never found anything like it and for this scenario, it definitely is giving up some extra goods compared to standard "good" cables. No affiliation with Mulder, just a long time customer.

Trending Topics