Kemper question - output level to console/FOH?

clay49

Gold Supporting Member
Just finished my first services using the Kemper, and it was stellar! I'm very, very pleased for this "first-run."

One question: is there a "standard accepted" output signal to send to the sound console/FOH? My sound tech was saying that the signal was a bit too strong, and I had already programed the "Performance" scenes and set the levels, so on the fly, I'm not adept enough (at this point) to adjust, resave, etc., on the fly.

Is there an internal signal I can adjust, and if so, what are the steps???

parkhill

I owned one briefly (I'm looking to buy another) but if I remember correctly you could just turn the master volume down. That should globally affect all presets. It's also very possible that your FOH guy is plugging the line outputs from the Kemper into the mic inputs on the board. If that's the case, yeah the signal will definitely be too strong.

stratotone

Silver Supporting Member
Press the Output button and various global output options, settings and levels are available. Unlink the main output and set it at -15 or 20db. Send that to the board. Link the monitor output and then the master volume knob will control the level of your speaker, or maybe even the amount of guitar in your in-ears, not sure about that.
What he said! You also have a four band EQ available under the Output button screens too for the main stereo outs and the mono monitor out too. You can even make the outputs 'dry' or 'wet' for W/D/W setups. It's set up really well, and I don't mean this in a jerky way, but some time spent looking at the manual might benefit you a lot. There are many neat things that you may have no idea the Kemper is capable of.

clay49

Gold Supporting Member
What he said! You also have a four band EQ available under the Output button screens too for the main stereo outs and the mono monitor out too. You can even make the outputs 'dry' or 'wet' for W/D/W setups. It's set up really well, and I don't mean this in a jerky way, but some time spent looking at the manual might benefit you a lot. There are many neat things that you may have no idea the Kemper is capable of.
Is there more than the one manual that came with the Kemper? I mean, it's barely 20 pages long, and just basically describes what the buttons control, but gives no in-depth programming steps per se...or am I just missing something here???

stratotone

Silver Supporting Member
There are a few different manuals - go to kemper-amps.com, choose support and user manual downloads.

Trending Topics