Kemper Remote new by itself

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by jrjones, May 2, 2017.

1. jrjones

jrjones Supporting Member

Are these not out there? Im looking at getting a kemper rig and it seems nigh impossible to get a remote if you don't buy the whole setup new. Is there a place to get them that I'm missing or are they just hard to find?

2. 3dognate

3dognate Supporting Member

3. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Silver Supporting Member

Do yourself a favor and just go for the Kemper remote. If you are anything like me; you will otherwise drive yourself crazy with all sorts of hairbrained switching ideas that are just going to kill the experience.

mbenigni and JerEvil like this.
  4. parkhill

parkhill Member

It was in stock on the Kemper site last week. I imagine it will be again soon.

5. VCuomo

VCuomo Member

If your budget allows, you might want to consider purchasing an FCB1010 and UnO4Kemper chip (you might also find a good deal on a used FCB1010 that already has the chip installed) and then use it as a back-up after you get the Remote.

Baminated and Elantric like this.
  6. Stevo57

Stevo57 Supporting Member

Put a want to buy in the digital emporium. I picked one up for $400 there.

7. MKB

MKB Silver Supporting Member

I've been using this for a bit over a year with my Kemper, works really well, especially the latest Uno4Kemper version that allows the rocker pedals to map to Morph. I would really like a Kemper remote, but haven't been able to convince myself it is worth the extra cash. It does allow easy access to the looper (which the Uno4Kemper won't do), but I was able to get around that with a homemade looper controller. And the Kemper remote does not have integrated rocker pedals, requiring more cables and other stuff to keep track of. With the FCB1010/Uno4Kemper, you just need a dual midi cable, power cable, and the pedal.

jazzfromhell and VCuomo like this.
  8. Nick Shephard

Nick Shephard Member

I tried to buy one through Andertons and was told you have to buy them directly from the Kemper store. They don't sell them through the dealers.

9. VCuomo

VCuomo Member

:agree I used the FCB1010/UnO4Kemper for about two years and it integrated with the KPA perfectly. The only downsides to it are that it doesn't have the information that you get with the Remote's LCD, and (as you mentioned) control of the looper. OTOH, it's way less expensive and (also as you mentioned) has the two integrated expression pedals (which makes it even more inexpensive as compared to the Remote).

MKB likes this.
  10. 3dognate

I did Uno4Kemper for a few months before getting a Kemper Remote... no way in hell would I recommend an UNO4Kemper over a remote. It'll get you by... but the remote is SOOOO Much nicer to perform with.

11. VCuomo

VCuomo Member

"Nicer"? Hmmm... well, I wouldn't say that it's "nicer" (it's kinda' hard to quantify "nicer" anyway); in fact, I like the larger footswitches on the FCB. But, obviously, different strokes, right? :)

12. 3dognate

Nicer to perform with because of the visual feedback of the Display and LEDs, the multi function i,ii,iii,iv switches, 4 expression/switch jacks available at the remote leaving only a single cable to run to the front of the stage. Instant access to the looper...

I absolutely love the FCB1010 as a MIDI controller.. but it really pales as a KPA controller against the remote. Affordability aside... it just kicks its ass.

13. VCuomo

VCuomo Member

I agree that there are those who would definitely find all of those things to be an advantage over the FCB, but I'm not one of them (my needs are really simple in this regard). Also, the remote would need at least two of those four jacks because it has no integrated expression pedals (unlike the FCB).
    There are definitely a number of aspects of the Remote (e.g., build quality, fewer cables required, etc.) that does kick the FCB's ass, no doubt about it.

And keep in mind that I recommended it to the OP as a temporary solution until he could get a Remote, and then as a back-up after that. :)

3dognate likes this.
  14. 3dognate

Buy once... Cry once...

15. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

Ciao Vince :)

Can the Behringer trigger more that one fx' status with one switch?
    This is the function I use the most on my Remote.

16. Clifford-D

Clifford-D Member

Yuk!! If Behringer was smart, they would see the demand for a good floorboard controller and REDESIGN the FCB1010.

The thing weighs a lot, they need to get rid of the wall wort, and make the thing smaller. It was more than I wanted to deal with most the time because I am a lazy fu,,,

They could bank on it if they wanted.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    3dognate likes this.
  17. jazzfromhell

jazzfromhell Member

For the (ridiculous) price of the Remote and two expression pedals I can buy a new guitar.
    No thanks, the FCB1010 works just great so I'll stick with that.

18. phazersonstun

phazersonstun Member

I've used my uno chipped fcb with several modelers but not a Kemper so can't comment on how well it does or doesn't replace the Remote.

However, the FCB1010 does not use a wall wart. The power transformer is internal and it uses a standard iec cable.
    I modded mine to use phantom power so there is only one cable running to it.

VCuomo, Clifford-D and JiveTurkey like this.
  19. SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2 Member

Bought the Powered Kemper - Kemper Remote package. LOVE the remote. Couldn't imagine going without it.

:)

3dognate likes this.
  20. Ejay

Ejay Supporting Member

The behringer with the chip works very well imo...plug and play!
    Cant compare to the KPA remote.

I eventually went for one of these: https://www.microdesignum.cz/EN
    Reason was that those fit on top of the KPA head in the case (as well as the KPA remote) saves me a walk to the car :)
    Also, this stuff has a second layer of mididata at the "second" push of the same button.
    It gives you a lot stuff under 1 button...it does take some programming.

I got one of these, a wah controller, a box with big knobs (i can turn with my feet) controling volume and delay level, and a bluetooth midiremote, all on one small board i can put on top of the KPA...in the KPA bag.

So i get that small board out..switch it on...done. No cables, no additional controllers. Pretty convinient!

Microdesignum and joogi like this.