Kemper Rig Manager

journo

From The press release:

NAMM 2014 - RigManager For the Kemper Profiler
View this email in your browser

Press Information – for immediate release

NAMM 2014 - RigManager For the Kemper Profiler

Anaheim/ California, January 23rd, 2014 (ictw) - Kemper Amps, the company behind the multi award winning Kemper Profiler guitar amplifier today announced RigManager. RigManager allows to preview, tag and manage the thousands of rigs available for the Kemper Profiler. Equipped with extensive sort and search features, RigManger helps to find the right tone in no time and allows the guitarist to concentrate on his performance. RigManager also seamlessly integrates with RigExchange, a cloud storage system that thousands of Kemper Profiler users utilize to store their personal rigs and share them with the Kemper Profiler user community.

RigManager is free of charge and available during Q1 2014. A Mac version will be released later this year.

To learn more about RigManager, point your browser to: http://kemper-amps.com/rigmanager

RigManager Basics
One single application for windows acts as a content hub for the Kemper Profiler.
rigs from within the Profiler, the local hard drive, USB sticks, backups and RigExchange can be searched, previews and tagged in groups or individually
only one simple USB connection needed, RigManager talks directly with the Kemper Profiler
Applications
Completely backup the Kemper Profiler
Download and preview rigs from RigExchange. Currently nearly 4000 rigs from users available
Sort rigs on local hard drive in groups and folders
import rigs from third parties by drag and drop
Preview thousands of rigs by simply moving the cursor on screen, mark rigs as favorite rigs conveniently
Tag rigs individually and in groups. The better the tagging, the easier you find the rigs
Search for specific gain settings (“++++” searches for a gain around 4)
Outlook
Rate rigs with a simple 5 stars system directly on the Kemper Profiler. RigExchange utilises user ratings to display score of a rig. Only rigs you have previewed can be rated.

Update your Kemper Profiler using RigManager
Mac version in 2014

Cheers,

Mats N

journo

Could be that the link will be active tomorrow as it is the first day of NAMM and the prees release went out today.

Cheers,

Mats N

Bikedude

Gold Supporting Member
Now when they pull the new pedalboard controller out of the big box, then well really get excited! Hope they have a crapload made up, ready to ship.

Willowdale

Silver Supporting Member
1st quarter will turn into 2nd quarter & Macs will be next year..........but at least it's coming.

db9091

Gold Supporting Member
Delicious news indeed. I've been playing with CSV files of rigs, a third party ability offered for free by user, much to my thanks, but it's a bit of a pain to deal with 6k rigs to say the least in an excel spread sheet.

A direct USB link, working with the online rig exchange, and searching, plus group naming is the "Librarian" I was looking for. I didn't really care to have an editor that alters each profile's specifics, I was more interested in managing the whole Rig library I've amassed.

But I have to wait...

I too wish for a Mac version, but at least one is coming this year, and the PC is used more than the Mac, so it gets first crack. Software is no joke to release and takes time. How long has 11R users been asking for a standalone editor (since 2009?) and Avid will finally release it at NAMM this year. A unit probably closer to the end of it's product cycle. And that is from a major company with years of success behind them.

Here is one thing we should also think of:

The "direct USB link" is probably going to use the Kemper's "USB Out" port, which until now has been a male tit. So if ever your regular "USB In" port gets bent because you forgot the stick was still in it and banged into it, you still have a working secondary port.

My apologies to those hoping for a floor unit. At least you've had working third party units, dedicated chips, and this past year the Performance Mode made functional, while I toil with thousands of profiles like Mr. Scrooge and his money. (not really a complaint is my point, but what a mess when I want it all stacked neatly)

dmbandtimmy

This is cool! However, I was hoping you could edit your rig as in add effects in the chain etc. and edit them. Also, I was counting on a foot controller.

SteelDragon72

This is cool! However, I was hoping you could edit your rig as in add effects in the chain etc. and edit them. Also, I was counting on a foot controller.
An editor is needed, but I don't think it was ever promised by CK. It seems more likely a third party will design a functional editor before one is officially released. At least a couple of people have been developing their own editing program already.

tgp100

Yeah, I'm a mac user also. That is a bummer. I only have pcs at the office. Macs for personal use.
Aren't Mac's capable of running Windows today, directly or in an app such as Parallels?
AFAIK that would be a very valid option until they release the Mac version this year.

db9091

Gold Supporting Member
There are existing third party rig editors, not capable of managing many rigs. One was in development with a suggested retail price of $25, but I suspect no one would buy it with this on the table, as this is MUCH more involved with backups and directly connected.

I imagine, being directly connected, editing profiles specifically for their particular's should be an easy add-on. After Mac compatibility of course.

And yes, if you are Mac only, you can run Windows, but you need a copy of Windows. Typically a commercial cost of 2 software will run you between $150-200 though. Not on every Mac user's list of desires.

My solution for dmbandtimmy is quite simple: Bring you KPA to work!

No one, and I mean NO ONE will know WTF it is! At my job they think it's a scientific instrument. Now all I need to do is fix a CAT5 cable and boiling column to my guitar.

dmbandtimmy

There are existing third party rig editors, not capable of managing many rigs. One was in development with a suggested retail price of $25, but I suspect no one would buy it with this on the table, as this is MUCH more involved with backups and directly connected.

I imagine, being directly connected, editing profiles specifically for their particular's should be an easy add-on. After Mac compatibility of course.

And yes, if you are Mac only, you can run Windows, but you need a copy of Windows. Typically a commercial cost of 2 software will run you between $150-200 though. Not on every Mac user's list of desires.

My solution for dmbandtimmy is quite simple: Bring you KPA to work!

No one, and I mean NO ONE will know WTF it is! At my job they think it's a scientific instrument. Now all I need to do is fix a CAT5 cable and boiling column to my guitar.
Haha. Good idea! I was sitting in my office catching up on stuff at the end of the day thinking that it would be a sweet space to jam. I might just do that.

Trending Topics