Kemper Steely Dan and Dokken ripoff clips

stratotone

Silver Supporting Member
So I did some profiling recently and always have to demo the new profile sets... first up is the beginning of a Steely Dan tune I always wanted to learn. Found a midi on the web and played all the instruments and tweaked the midi drums a bit.

Second is a Dokken ripoff/homage I did from scratch. Love the Kemper!

3dognate

Silver Supporting Member
Nice... that Steely Dan is spot on... (I am NOT a fan of that band (I know I just offended a lot of people with that statement.) but you nailed it.)

George could certainly get down on that second clip too.

runningman

The Hey 19 clip sounds great, but not really like the recording IMHO. The problem with that guitar tone is that, IIRC, it's straight into the desk with no amp.

Your playing is great, but the original tone is dead clean, and yours has some hair on it.

Noise Under The Floor

Platinum Supporting Member
The Hey 19 clip sounds great, but not really like the recording IMHO. The problem with that guitar tone is that, IIRC, it's straight into the desk with no amp.

Your playing is great, but the original tone is dead clean, and yours has some hair on it.
His version is "Hey Fortysix"....hence the hair on it. :rolleyes:

stratotone

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, it has more hair! :) I wasn't trying to totally cop the tone, I s finally used a carvin nomad profile for all the guitars on the steely dan clip. The amp is a vintage tweed type and I didn't go for super clean tones. Just got something close and had fun. I used a Tom Anderson for all the parts, if I was going for authentic I'd have played a tele for the intro solo too! :)

runningman

Yeah, it has more hair! :) I wasn't trying to totally cop the tone, I s finally used a carvin nomad profile for all the guitars on the steely dan clip. The amp is a vintage tweed type and I didn't go for super clean tones. Just got something close and had fun. I used a Tom Anderson for all the parts, if I was going for authentic I'd have played a tele for the intro solo too! :)
The idea of a Carvin Nomad profile is kind of funny to me. I mean, no offense to Carvin fans, but that amp uses diode clipping IIRC. Considering the fact that you can choose the profile of either a classic vintage amp, like an actual tweed Deluxe, or an ultra high-end boutique profile, it seems kind of silly to grab a profile of a $500 Nomad.

Then again, it is April Fools day, so there's that...:D

3dognate

Silver Supporting Member
The idea of a Carvin Nomad profile is kind of funny to me. I mean, no offense to Carvin fans, but that amp uses diode clipping IIRC. Considering the fact that you can choose the profile of either a classic vintage amp, like an actual tweed Deluxe, or an ultra high-end boutique profile, it seems kind of silly to grab a profile of a $500 Nomad.

Then again, it is April Fools day, so there's that...:D
LOL Cork sniffing profiled amps....

Let me tell you one thing.. some of the more lowly amps are some of the better profiles. Out of all the amps in the TAF modern pack.. the Carvin Legacy might be the better of the bunch.

Trending Topics