Kemper Tips that any owner can utilize!

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by WBellman, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Jose7822

Jose7822 Member

They’ve been here for a bit now. It’s just that they elevated that beta version into an official release. But it’s otherwise exactly the same :).

zryder likes this.
  2. blandified

blandified Member

Is it me or did the beta release not sound as good as the official release? When I upgraded to beta, all my sounds sounded... different. Then when I downloaded the official patch, it sounded fuller again and normal. Any one else?

3. Jose7822

Jose7822 Member

Sometimes the OS gets “corrupted” and affects the sound of the Kemper. I always initialize the System settings after a new OS install to avoid that. But, to answer your question, they sound the same to me. However, some people did report that the Legacy Reverbs sounded different after the beta. Might be related to that?

blandified likes this.
  4. buddaman71

buddaman71 Student of Life Silver Supporting Member

I’ve got a PowerRack/Remote and Mission 212 cab being delivered on Monday, and this thread is super helpful.

Thx

Viabcroce likes this.
  5. dickjonesify

dickjonesify Member

I did not notice that volume pedal location could be locked! Thank you. I will be doing that :aok

Viabcroce likes this.
  6. dickjonesify

dickjonesify Member

Tube Bias and Tube Shape are kind of subtle and many users never touch them BUT they can be exactly what the profile needs to take it over the top.

It can really add some heat to a “cold” sounding profile.

7. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

TRIKK006

For those who input the Profiler via a wireless device or other line-level media: you can use the balanced Return XLR.
    Reamp Sens will set the input's gain. Feel free to balance levels between that and the device's output until you get the best N/S.

Of course there's also the Return 1/4" socket available, which is balanced as well but also accepts unbalanced cables.

8. WBellman

WBellman Supporting Member

Kind of a simple and obvious one but very helpful IMO. If you are going to fiddle with the 4 EQ knobs be sure to hold down the 'eq' stack button first. The display now shows the current settings in numerical values - which makes fine tuning adjustments easier.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    flyingheelhook likes this.
  9. Jose7822

Jose7822 Member

Speaking of “fine adjustments”, does the Kemper have a way of doing that?

It’s super frustrating when you get to the really high values (i.e. 10Khz) and you can’t get the EQ to be EXACTLY that value. This is one area where the Kemper Editor will come in handy (at least for anal people like myself).

10. WBellman

One option - the graphic eq stomp has 2.5K, 5K, and 10K bands that can be fine tuned.

Jose7822 likes this.
  11. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

TRIKK007

Modulated reverb is not often used... and it's a pity.

12. Jose7822

Jose7822 Member

I can’t remember if the GEQ has high and low pass filters, need to check that out. However, the issue still remains for any parameter with high values elsewhere (i.e. EQ on Reverbs, EQ on Delays, even a couple of the system parameters). Kemper needs to come up with a modifier or a way to do really fine parameter adjustments. It’s the only thing I REALLY don’t like about the Kemper.

13. WBellman

There's hi and lo pass filters on the last page of the GE stomp. And agreed. The fine tuning needs to be improved. Also, I'd love to be able to assign a switch to toggle between UNDO and REDO. Anyone know if this is possible.

Modulated verb (or other time based effects) is killer!

Jose7822 likes this.
  14. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

TRIKK008

Some (real) amp have just proven to not be profilable because of uncommon circuits. Here is a provisional list (additions welcome, provided it's proved there's a hardware incompatibility with the process):
    • Binson Hi.Fi.
    • Mesa 5:25
    • Mesa Triaxis
    • Marshall JMP 1
    • Peavey Rockmaster preamp
    • Peavey Ultra+

15. hendrix1406

hendrix1406 Member

+victory kraken

mfolet likes this.
  16. WBellman

Not exactly sure what you mean in regard to the KPA itself.

Re: Victory Kraken - Are you using the official Kemper profiles from Victory?

No answers on a hands free UNDO/REDO toggle method?

17. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

Sorry WB, I am not getting your comment. Would you rephrase it if you don't mind?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  18. WBellman

Ahhhhh. My mistake. I read profilable as profitable.

Interesting point you make. Is this your own perception or do you have anything else to back it up? I'm asking because I've played a few really great profiles of some very complex pre-amps like the ADA MP-1 and CAE 3+ SE.

19. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

Ah, no problem :)

This comes officially from the House.
    It's not something you "perceive", it's that the KPA will report an error and abort the process (like "volume too low", or "there's a compressor on line"), or result in a distorted or ipercompressed tone where a clean one was set on the amp etc.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  20. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

flyingheelhook and jou ma like this.