Kemper Top Jimi brown sound.....wow

benifin

And that my friends, is quite simply as good as it gets.

No secret Im a big fan of all the " big 3 " - got an Axe got a Kemper and getting a Helix ...... and then will decide whether it or the Axe will stay .... Kemper aint going nowhere though ..... :) ..... love them all .... but when a profile is done right ... imo .... the Kemper is simply in a league of its own.

Oh yeah .... and he can play ok too :)

Ben

PS: Marco's is pretty damn fine too :)

jageya

who cares about eddies tone..its way over played plus its been done a million times...Next>>

buddachile

I have these profiles and they do truly sound great. I don't do VH style playing, but the profiles are not limiting to that style. They just rock.

Reactions: jjb

Alex Kenivel

I much prefer the Top Jimi video in the OP compared to Marco's video, though I'm sure guitar choice played a tiny part in that

Pat6969

Supporting Member
Nice tones from that Top Jimi Brown Sound KPA Pack! I have it & it sounds great...

Here's Guitarzen from the Fractal Forum doing some awesome VH tones & playing on the AFX2XL.....all tones, effects & panning are from the Fractal.....

Sounds OK but really doesn't touch the Kemper, at least not in these examples. Might be that the guy playing the Kemper is arguably a better guitar player.

Jose7822

And/or that the Kemper is that freaking awesome sounding :).

I've owned and played both a Kemper and Helix for over a year now, and I still give the tone edge to the Kemper (can't comment on the Axe FX). The Helix sounds very good, especially with the new Celestion IRs, but it ain't no Kemper. IMO, of course.

Promit

Of the tones posted here, I thought the Helix video was the best. The lively high end is a signature of RedWirez IRs, which he's using. They're a little less massaged and mixed than others, I guess. I thought the Kemper tone felt a touch thin and flat. Honestly it says more about preferences than devices.

Trending Topics