Kemper trying some Trower type sounds - Splawn profile

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by JerEvil, May 21, 2015.

1. JerEvil

JerEvil Supporting Member

Trying to see how well the Kemper does a "Vibe" sound and this song popped into my head.

Used the PRS SC245, 57/08's in middle position. The lack of true "Vibe" on the Kemper is something I hope they resolve. This is their "Phase Vibe" effect. I think it sounds pretty solid but it ain't no Black Cat OR Depths IMHO.

The profile is one of my Splawn studio profiles. The Gear 1 Lo Gain. I added some verb and modded delay.

[soundcloud]

For reference, here is what the Black Cat vibe sounds like in front of the Kemper. First is straight profile, the BC on Vibrato mode, followed by Chorus mode,

[soundcloud]

rdwilson likes this.
  2. flcmcya

flcmcya Silver Supporting Member

Right up my ally Jer..... I have had a phaser in the loop of a Swirlpool in vibe mode that got pretty close but havn't played with the phase vibe parameter on the Kemper.....hard to beat the real deal at this game though.

3. JerEvil

Oh I certainly agree. My Black Cat makes me smile something fierce. The Kemper can do a pretty convincing job though which I am glad for.

4. tomaburque

tomaburque Member

I'll fire up the lunchbox and have a go tonight. I've been using some of your other Splawn profiles a lot the last week or two and they smoke some of the paid profiles I have. Maybe I just really like the sound of that amp as I'm a sucker for the Marshall Roaring Lion thing that Splawn does so well.

Thanks for uploads :)

JerEvil likes this.
  5. flcmcya

flcmcya Silver Supporting Member

I rocked some of that Splawn this morning as well!...... I did play around with the phase vibe today and got it sounding pretty good...

Thanks for the Demo

JerEvil likes this.
  6. JerEvil

Cool! So glad some of you guys are digging the Splawn profiles. It really is an amazing amp.

I'll be attempting a more comprehensive set soon. Of course I'll share them out if they come out worth a darn!