Kemper VS Amps // David from Bethel Music

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by David Hislop, Dec 2, 2019.

1. David Hislop

David Hislop Member

Hey guys!

New the the forum (surprisingly I never made it on here after years of playing :dunno).

I am doing an experiment comparing Kempers and profiles of my amps with the real thing. It's been fun! Check it out on my youtube!

He_Ma, Random1643, MatchFive and 11 others like this.
  2. Karl Houseknecht

Karl Houseknecht Supporting Member

I look forward to hearing the comparison. You're kind of the perfect use case for the Kemper. Significant pedal board investment, real amps when you can, but taking their profiles on the road when you can't.

I do have to ask, why IRs instead of shooting the profile through the combo speakers as you have them mic'd in the amp room?

dickjonesify likes this.
  3. Anthony Gring

Anthony Gring Silver Supporting Member

Welcome, and thanks for sharing !

dickjonesify likes this.
  4. Steve Hotra

Steve Hotra Silver Supporting Member

Hey there!
    Welcome to TGP.
    Looking forward to your insights here.

5. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

Nice, thanks @David Hislop! I look forward to hearing the more direct comparison but at least first listen to the quick A/B sure sounds awful good/similar. Any digital that’s set up well for you is a great way to improve consistent tone for fly dates and things like that when you can’t have all of your own preferred analog gear for sure. I’m a Helix user now but I’ll be on the look out for video #2 just cause I find it interesting to listen!

You probably have never made it here before cause you’ve been busy playing, touring, recording, producing, etc versus those of us who dork out on our gear and read/post instead of playing or especially at times when you can’t play such as lunch break at work, traveling, baby napping, etc ;) Welcome to TGP!

flatulentmatt and dickjonesify like this.
  6. He_Ma

He_Ma Member

Welcome!

First I want to say that I love your playing. We have thread in the effects section that's focused on P&W rigs and pedalboards:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/p-w-rigs-pedalboards.1540066/page-3526

There is a lot of Kemper wisdom (if needed) in there and great people. I bet there would be a lot of people who would like to ask some guestions about your rig there.

I personally would like to have some kind of comparison/demo video of your guitars. Im especially interested in your Gold foil Veritas and how it compares to your SG and strats for example?

7. Afcollett

Afcollett Member

Dose anyone else watching that video just want dive in and cut his blonde little she/man blonde locks off?.

8. phil_m

phil_m Supporting Member

No, because I'm not a sociopath... :dunno