Kemper - what would you change?

mertas

what do you miss or would like to change on your kemper?

sound, controls, function...?
thanks

burningyen

Add synth & filter FX, make expression pedal function assignable to any parameter on a rig-by-rig basis, release a version in a RP355/G3X form factor. Dual profiles might be nice, but I would hardly ever use it except to play some STP.

db9091

Gold Supporting Member
There is only one thing I want last year: Spring Reverb
A la Holy Grail.

goodkungfu

Silver Supporting Member
I'd like the eqs (graphic and parametric) available in the eq block so they don't take up a stomp or fx slot. Assignable pre or post stack.

Dual delay capability.
More OD and DS sims. Klon, OCD, sd1. That kind of thing.

Stereo pwr amp.

And big enough to toast bagels. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stratobobster

Foot controller.

Computer based rig editor.

I'd also like to be able to save the rig settings created in Performance mode as standard rigs that could then be accessed in Browse mode.

goodkungfu

Silver Supporting Member
Foot controller.

Computer based rig editor.

I'd also like to be able to save the rig settings created in Performance mode as standard rigs that could then be accessed in Browse mode.

I'd like the first two as well. The FCB is cool but around the size of an airport, something more compact with power over Ethernet would be cool.

And people say they don't need a rig editor but it would be cool for the OCD amongst us. Let's get that USB slot working harder!

I posted the very same question regards performance rigs on the KPA forum. Turns out you can do this already. Go to "Rig" and save to browser pool.

:)

SkyhighRocks

got rid of mine but loved it.

Would love to see a version that doesn't include the profiler...just everything else. I don't have access to a bunch of amps to profile so that part ofit was a waste to me. Maybe knock $500-$700 off the price this way.

Viabcroce

As for me, as I have already written here as well, I'd wish that:

1. all the tools that allow to go though the rigs/profiles/fx/alphabet letters/number worked in a wrap mode (going to the first element in a list when you reach the last one, and the other way around as well);

2. a repeat mode when you hold a button/arrow;

3. a fast move mode when you go on turning a knob/keep a button pressed.

Stereo pwr amp.
Hey goodkungfu, if you own the lunchbox version you might consider a Camplifier: you can bridge it, or use it in stereo. It's cheaper than the Kemper (B&O) power amp and you can mount it by yourself in minutes.

You can already do that: "Store to Pool" :)

goodkungfu

Silver Supporting Member
Hey goodkungfu, if you own the lunchbox version you might consider a Camplifier: you can bridge it, or use it in stereo. It's cheaper than the Kemper (B&O) power amp and you can mount it by yourself in minutes.

Hey bud. Yeah I know about the camplifier. Seems like a good option but it's around $700 CAD plus shipping and tax and brokerage etc. it'll be around $900 or more at that point. :-(

BKE

My hope for the kemper 2, when profiling sweep trough the eq, gain and volume on the amp so the tone stack/gain etc of the profile reacts like the profiled amp... Ok maybe kemper 8 or something.....

Viabcroce

Hey bud. Yeah I know about the camplifier. Seems like a good option but it's around $700 CAD plus shipping and tax and brokerage etc. it'll be around $900 or more at that point. :-(
Well, it depends on the model, there are at lest three to choose from, two of which stereo.

I believe it would be the "best" option for a number of reasons: the only stereo amp which retrofits the Profiler. Everything in one compact and light lunchbox! :)

Also consider than prices on the site should include VAT, about 20% which is not due in the States.

:)idea Hey, what if I bought one for you? You'd save further import taxes, wouldn't you?)

jayson

Missing? Software editor.

Would like to change? For the toaster version, include optional rack ears.

Cheers,

jayson

Ape Factory

-Editor for Mac (first).
-Ability to run (at least) two amp sims and their effects at once and assign to L or R channel or to both.
-Automatically scan users brain and download appropriate killer profiles it knows you would like while auto blocking bad profiles.
-Convince user he or she doesn't need 2000+ profiles and that the 600 currently loaded on the Kemper is waaaay too many.
-Kill any PAS (profile acquisition syndrome) going forward.

Viabcroce

How many rigs have you loaded on your Profiler?
Do you know that boot time depends on the number of loaded rigs, profiles, cabs and other presets?

:)

goodkungfu

Silver Supporting Member
Well, it depends on the model, there are at lest three to choose from, two of which stereo.

I believe it would be the "best" option for a number of reasons: the only stereo amp which retrofits the Profiler. Everything in one compact and light lunchbox! :)

Also consider than prices on the site should include VAT, about 20% which is not due in the States.

:)idea Hey, what if I bought one for you? You'd save further import taxes, wouldn't you?)

Very kind offer my friend but I fear the Mounties may catch it when it gets sent. ;-)

I'm actually an Englishman in vancouver so it occurred to me that I could get a camplifier sent to family in the uk and have them bring it over next time they visit. 20% VAT? Ouch!

To be honest I am getting awesome tones from my KPA mustang 3. I have a CLR as well so I have the bases covered.