1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kendrick Half Watt Mini Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by townsend, Feb 18, 2009.

1. townsend

townsend Member

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;][SIZE=-1]Introducing the Kendrick 1/2 watt (9-volt battery powered) Guitar amplifier. It fits in your pocket and has its own 2" speaker. It features an output jack that will drive any speaker cabinet - even a 4X12 cabinet! Put it in your gig bag and jam out in your motel room without security telling you to turn down. Wonderful overdriven sound with plenty of rich harmonics. Comments from Gerald: The 1/2 watt amp is a lot of fun. It can be used as a practice amp or even as a booster with the output running into another amp. It will drive an auxiliary speaker. And best of all you can play it anywhere - in the car, in the park, at the beach, etc. A 9-volt battery last a long time.[/SIZE][/FONT]"

No, this is not new, but I was just wondering if somebody had one and what they thought about it. I've looked at some other mini amps of this type, and wasn't overwhelmed by their quality. Kendrick's other stuff is killer.

[​IMG]

No, I don't plan to drive a 4X12 . . . just looking for something highly portable. Does it have clean tones as well as overdrive?

2. Sean French

Sean French Supporting Member

I'll have to swing by the Kendrick shop and check one out.

3. Dale

Dale Member

Looks just like the Smokey amp!

4. 6789

6789 Member

I don't have the Kendrick. I have the Smokey. Looks sort of like the Kendrick. Or was that the Valco, Airline or Supro? :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. TDJMB

TDJMB Gold Supporting Member

I just ordered it. I'll compare it to the Smokey when it arrives.

6. 6789

6789 Member

I'm guessing they are the same thing with a different name.

7. daddyo

daddyo Guest

If it's the same as the Smokey, and I'm sure it is, then its OK if the battery is fresh. Then you get a crunchy fizzy sound at audible volume through the 2" speaker. Putting it inside a shoe box as a "speaker enclosure" increases the volume till you can get a bit of clean. If the battery is low, all you get is awful fizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

8. TDJMB

TDJMB Gold Supporting Member

The Kendrick is noticeably louder and warmer and less fizzy than the Smokey. Now, I tried to change the Smokey's battery so as to compare both with fresh batteries. But I just ended up stripping the screw heads. I only used it a couple times so the battery would just have lost power by sitting around for a couple years.