Kendrick New Joy Zee kit, anyone build one?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jiml, Mar 12, 2008.

1. jiml

jiml Supporting Member

2. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

This is the infamous Kendrick Climax amp in kit form. It'd be a pretty intimidating build for a first amp... I found mine a truly great sounding amp. Nothing like a Trainwreck except in that it's ungodly loud, but a very flexible non-master volume amp that took pedals well and did have two sort of distinct characters on the two sides. Mine was about the 37th built, and had a sweet way of sustaining and feeding back into the octave of the note played. Very cool...

3. Rumblefish

Rumblefish Silver Supporting Member

I love Kendrick amps.The original boutique amp builder.Hadn't heard about this one,but those clips are amazing.I might just have to build one of those.Never built an amp before,but I can handle a soldering iron alright.Their customer support is unrivaled in my experience.I used to own a Texas Crude.Amazing amp.I'm usually wary of "do-it-all" amps,but that kit sounds very convincing.

4. Rumblefish

Rumblefish Silver Supporting Member

If you listen to the clips of this kit,it has 4 very distinct tones.A do-it-all that actually does it all.Doesn't sound at all like a Climax to me.And yes I've heard and played a Climax.

5. jiml

jiml Supporting Member

I'm calling him today, let's see whats up!

6. garytube

garytube Member

That marshally clip of that kendrick sounds shweeet!!!!!