• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Kendrick pure nickel strings?

john b

Silver Supporting Member
Is anyone using them? They look pretty cool according to the site. I've heard that they're very similar to SOB's. Any truth to that?

Claytone

Yes there is truth to it. I used Dean Farley's Scalar strings, which were great, and his new Snake Oils which are also terrific. Somewhere between those two I ordered some sets of Kendrick nickels and they are right up there with Dean's strings. If there are subtle differences I can't hear or feel them.

RC2

Gold Supporting Member
I'd used SOB strings for many years but ended up switching over to Kendrick Pure Nickles about three months a go because of all the breakage and shipping problems I had with them.
I've found I actually like the Kendrick strings better, they're very close to SOB's in tone only better balanced and they don't have the breakage problem.

thunderpuppy

I did nickel for a while, and when I put my first set of stainless steel strings on after about a year of playing nickel, my girlfriend burst into the room and asked me what I'd done to sound so good.

I know it's all about what kind of sound you're going for, but this girl never has anything nice to say about anyone's tone... if I can impress her, I'm not going back to nickel strings.

thunderpuppy

she does, but the sister doesn't care much about music.

Actually, the ex-girlfriend in question has turned to a lot of hip-hop, and, post-split, doesn't want to associate musically with me. So both girls are pretty much out.

Trending Topics