Kennedy Awards Honors (some of) the Eagles!

Bloomfield fan

Silver Supporting Member
Revisionist history, once again. Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner, two guys who are there for the beginning. Bernie the first 4 records and Randy through Hotel California, their 5th. Nothing against Timothy but doesn't he join them for The Long Run their last album? And maybe add Jackson Browne as well, he co writes Take It Easy with Glen Fry. And JD Souther.

2HBStrat

As far as I could tell Don Felder wasn't mentioned, and wasn't in any of the shown video......may have been the same for Leadon, too....that's just $h!++/ iMO.....

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
Randy, Don and Bernie not included? I recorded this last night but now I may not watch it. I call BS on Henley, Schmidt and Walsh!!!

2HBStrat

Randy, Don and Bernie not included? I recorded this last night but now I may not watch it. I call BS on Henley, Schmidt and Walsh!!!
The show is worth watching for other things....Elle King singing Mavis Staples was awesome....Kings of Leon singing Eagles was good....Itshak Perlman....incredible.......Steve Vai sounded great......

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I watched about 10 minutes of the James Taylor portion... Sheryl Crow looked pretty dang good for someone that turns 55 in five or six weeks.

Dave2512

I like SV but his place in the mix was odd. Harsh and buzzy when everything else was mellow.

frennis

I like SV but his place in the mix was odd. Harsh and buzzy when everything else was mellow.
I agree with this totally, what the hell was he doing there? Has anyone on earth ever thought, "Wouldn't Steve Vai be a great choice for an Eagles tribute?"...And that thing at the end with Stephen Colbert and Vai (while funny) was a total abortion...

2HBStrat

Felder, Leadon, Meisner should grab a drummer and a singer and hit the road. A big FU to Henley.
YES!!!!! Maybe add Jackson Brown, too......

And, since the band we know as The Eagles are actually just "Eagles", maybe they could trademark and call the band "THE Eagles"......

Trending Topics