Kenny Vaughan Gear?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Rambo66, May 15, 2006.

1. Rambo66

Rambo66 Member

I'm new here and not sure where to post this. Anyone know about what Kenny Vaughan has on his pedalboard? What about that Big Jo amp?

2. Marcus Dahl

Marcus Dahl Member

I know he's got little bit of everything on his board. I've got some off in the distance pictures that I'll take a look at latter. I do remember he has/had a Fulldrive 2, Deja Vibe from what I can remember. He does have a MAD Effects Black Label Special and an Isane Pedals Disdain. I'll take a look at those pictures when I get to my other computer.

3. Marcus Dahl

Marcus Dahl Member

I looked at the pictures I had and couldn't make out much. What I did see on the board was an Insane Disdain, Nobels OD-1, Fulltone Dejavibe, MAD Effects BLSOD, TU2. Here is another list I got from his side bands page. Floyd guitar, hollow-body w/ Bigsby, made by Floyd of Glaser Instruments. Kenny uses a very early Naylor SuperDrive 60, that is mislabeled SuperDrive 50. It was labeled before being rated. He uses a Naylor 4x12 cab with Celestion blackback speakers. He loves and uses as many Robert Keeley pedals as possible, most notably, Keeley's compressor, his BD2 mod, his TS-9 mod and his trem pedal

I'm sure you can email the website and Leroy can get you a full list.
    http://www.ilikeguitars.com

4. Rambo66

Rambo66 Member

Thanks Marcus, the listing of his gear on ilikeguitars.com is in response to an e-mail I sent in to Leroy. Things have changed a little bit in his rig though, that's why I'm asking again.

What is a Insane Disdain and MAD Effects BLSOD?

Thanks!

5. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

He used a Vox AC30 at a master class I saw him at (with Marty Stuart) in late March.

6. Marcus Dahl

Marcus Dahl Member

The Insane Unknown Pedals Disdain I made for Leroy. He was selling gear, maybe still is, It was a modified Lil' Bastard Brew Fuzz. The M.A.D. Effects BLSOD{Black Label Special Over Drive} is one of my creations. I've since discontinued both and started to do the Black Label Extra Special. I'll put you up some links here so you can take a look at what they are.

Insane Disdain review @ HC
    Lil' Bastard Brew Fuzz @ Tone Factor
    Black Label Special @ Tone Factor @ Music Toyz @ Pedal Geek
    Black Label Special Review @ HC
    Black Label Extra Special

The Lil' Bastard Brew Fuzz is/was a silicon one knob fuzz boost. It went from a vintage to modern very easily. I used mismatched transistors in it.

The Black Label OD Special is/was an assymetrical overdrive. It let you keep the natural tones of your amp and guitar and does a good job at bed room levels too. I intergrated it and the and the OD/Preamp into one single pedal with a toggel switch and trhat became the Extra Special. They are both in the Double Shot. You can use both at the same time in that version.

I hope this helps you out. :)

7. Rambo66

Rambo66 Member

Just saw a picture of Kenny playing with Marty Stuart and he's using a Peavey Penta head and cab.

8. sandman

sandman Member

Watched the Lucibda Williams live DVD again today .

Kenny's and John Jackson's playing is mindblowing!

9. Marcus Dahl

Marcus Dahl Member

I'm sure he uses a number of different pieces. Last time I saw him live he was useing a Brubaker Guitar and an old Twin.

10. Cpt.Kaos

Cpt.Kaos Member

Hey Guys ...I know Kenny personally...He changes amps/pedals like Brad Paisley changes guitars...
    Why ??/ Because thats Kenny...