Kent Armstrong Hum Cancelling HP90s clip!

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Macaroni, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

I'm testing a pair of Kent Armstrong hum cancelling HP90s (black) in my Mike Rowan Montara II, which still has the cream Harmonic Design VP90 in the middle. Kent's HP90s are incredible - beautiful authentic P90 tones with NO NOISE! Resonant piano-like clean clarity and very vocal OD tones. Thanks to Rob DiStefano at Fret Tek for turning me on to these. A remarkable and unexpected find.

Anyway, I'm just testing this set, and obviously the covers don't match, but as I've been looking at the guitar these few days during the testing, it's starting to grow on me. It's sort of like the zebra coils on a humbucker, if I can stretch the analogy.

Am I nuts, or does anyone else like this and think it's cool?

Here's a short clip I did with the HP90s...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=187271&songID=6144722

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. skydog

skydog Supporting Member

Thanks for posting that Ron. I'm waiting on a guitar w/ a Kent Armstrong Super P-90 matched with a Harmonic Design P-90. Great playing on the clip; touched on Al Dimeola there!

3. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

Thanks Skydog! I'm sure you'll love them - both great pickups.

I'm selling my KA P90s because I replaced them with Kent's noiseless Charlie Christian pickups.