• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Kent Armstrong Hum Cancelling HP90s clip!

Macaroni

I'm testing a pair of Kent Armstrong hum cancelling HP90s (black) in my Mike Rowan Montara II, which still has the cream Harmonic Design VP90 in the middle. Kent's HP90s are incredible - beautiful authentic P90 tones with NO NOISE! Resonant piano-like clean clarity and very vocal OD tones. Thanks to Rob DiStefano at Fret Tek for turning me on to these. A remarkable and unexpected find.

Anyway, I'm just testing this set, and obviously the covers don't match, but as I've been looking at the guitar these few days during the testing, it's starting to grow on me. It's sort of like the zebra coils on a humbucker, if I can stretch the analogy.

Am I nuts, or does anyone else like this and think it's cool?

Here's a short clip I did with the HP90s...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=187271&songID=6144722

skydog

Thanks for posting that Ron. I'm waiting on a guitar w/ a Kent Armstrong Super P-90 matched with a Harmonic Design P-90. Great playing on the clip; touched on Al Dimeola there!

Macaroni

Thanks Skydog! I'm sure you'll love them - both great pickups.

I'm selling my KA P90s because I replaced them with Kent's noiseless Charlie Christian pickups.

Trending Topics