• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Kevin Shields...in his own words on LOVELESS

Dica3

Loveless and dark side of the moon are my two favorite albums sonically ever

Massive part of my musical influence

Good to see kevin talking

Love his production on the primal scream track " accelerator"

flyonthewall150

Silver Supporting Member
If this were HCFX this thread would have already been derailed by seifukusha declaring himself the next Kevin Shields and how he once exchanged emails with Alan Moulders cousins friend of a friend twice removed

seiko

That is a weird rant of an article.

I'm sure it sucks to not get the money you deserve as an artist but the band clearly should have consulted a lawyer before signing to any label. It's fairly well known that people in the music business don't throw money at you after the fact if they're not contractually obligated to.

Anyway, I really enjoyed reading that Tape Op interview when it came out. It some pretty interesting information.

Well, they were on some pretty crappy single-shot labels before that. Creation was THE indie label in the UK then, pretty much guaranteed you'd move up to a major after but Shields burnt out and seemingly alienated most of the band making "Loveless" instead.

MadFrank

Silver Supporting Member
Cool. I'm going to see http://www.upsidedownthemovie.com/ the Creation Records story this Sunday at the Mondrian hotel, here in LA. I saw Swervedriver this past Sunday, I feel like it is 1991 again!

Great movie BTW. Saw it a couple of months ago and it really brought the memories back for me! I was lucky to have seen most of the Creation bands back then in their prime - includind Swervedriver, who were great. Only one I missed were Teenage Fanclub - pity.

The film pretty much confirms Kevin Sheilds version of events actually. And Alan Mckgee is quite honest about his shortcomings with his creation.

rossta1

I don't think you can blame teenagers trying to avoid the shackles of the major industry for not hiring a lawyer to consult them on signing to an indie label. Might as well try to go back in time and tell Ian MacKaye to have a beer and calm down.

HAHA! Freakin' hysterical wundergussy :D
I might have a new sig...

Aquinas

Silver Supporting Member
I don't think you can blame teenagers trying to avoid the shackles of the major industry for not hiring a lawyer to consult them on signing to an indie label. Might as well try to go back in time and tell Ian MacKaye to have a beer and calm down.

:beer

YES.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom