Keyboard Emulators - Please Weigh In On Your Fav

62Tele

Silver Supporting Member
Just got a note that my keys guy is going to be on hiatus for a few weeks and I'll have to cover some of his parts best as possible. I know there are some pedals out there that can emulate Rhodes and B3 sounds - let me know what's working for you. I know it's asking a lot, but I'd really need something to work without screwing with amp settings etc. The shallower the learning curve the better, but good tone will trump ease of use (to a point).

Thanks in advance!

AshMaui

I have the C9 I've been using for the last 9 months and it's been great. Now with the newly released Mel9, I feel they can cover most things.

WillLane

... Did your keys guy leave any of his keyboards? I would just use those if you can.

I have been impressed with the EHX units for what they are but I would much prefer the actual keyboard or the proper synth than to use a pedal with a guitar.

62Tele

Silver Supporting Member
... Did your keys guy leave any of his keyboards? I would just use those if you can.

I have been impressed with the EHX units for what they are but I would much prefer the actual keyboard or the proper synth than to use a pedal with a guitar.
Yeah, I get that. But as it is, I haul three guitars, and amp and the entire PA and I'd rather leave my CP4 at home. It would just be for an occasional passage/texture, wouldn't really try to replace a real keyboard player.

ERGExplorer

I have yet to hear a pedal which really does a polyphonic Rhodes sound.

This doesn't help you in the short term, but I'm waiting to snag a Mooergan for the small board.

I usually use the POG2 and HOG for just about everything organ-related, instead of paying for boxes which just give me preset versions of the pedals.

mgarrison99

Platinum Supporting Member
I'm a big fan of the B9 but also have a minty Mooergan in box $75 pp'd shipped CONUS. PM me.

Trending Topics