• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

KF Memorial amp at the NY/NJ Amp Show?

RichSZ

Gold Supporting Member
Guys, looking for info on the KF Memorial Amp being at the NY/NJ amp show. Will it be there? Also, what room?

Thanks for any info!

-Rich

pureoldsound

I think the amp will be displayed at Bob Reinhardt's room along with Reinhardt's amps, don't know the number though. I saw the pictures and that thing is nothing but pure Art. What a unique piece and the story behind it. I wish I could attend, can't wait to read a tone report from the people attending and their impressions. Something built with this high quality, detail to attention, joined hands from all over the globe!!!! and rarity of materials don't come often, especially with a cabinet made of 35-50K old wood....How often do you see that !!!!!! Definitely a one of a kind unique piece...I bet this amp will be always remembered.....If there is Mojo this has plenty….:cool:

scottl

Looking forward to checking it out!!! Great job guys. Even in face of the adversity and negativity and agenda spinning.

HeeBGB

I'll be there early on Saturday. I gotta leave early though as I have family obligations later in the day! I'll be at Reinhardts room at 10am to make some noise on a few amps! :D I need to check out a V50!

despite the stürm und drang surround the amp, the fischer family and the confluence of amp builders contributing parts, knowledge and temporal and spiritual acumen, um, where was i?
oh yes...
is there still some plan to auction the amp off and donate the proceeds to some charity, or has that plan been abandoned?

AmpMan1961

µ¿ z3®ø™;2449339 said:
despite the stürm und drang surround the amp, the fischer family and the confluence of amp builders contributing parts, knowledge and temporal and spiritual acumen, um, where was i?
oh yes...
is there still some plan to auction the amp off and donate the proceeds to some charity, or has that plan been abandoned?
The amp will be auctioned to the highest bidder, and ALL proceeds will go to a charity of our (the builders) choice. The charity choice has not been defined yet, but it will be a good one. For the rest of the year, it will travel around the country to various locations so folks can have the opportunity to play through it and have fun.
Billy Yates

allynmey

The amp will be auctioned to the highest bidder, and ALL proceeds will go to a charity of our (the builders) choice. The charity choice has not been defined yet, but it will be a good one. For the rest of the year, it will travel around the country to various locations so folks can have the opportunity to play through it and have fun.
Billy Yates
Exactly Billy! The immediacy of need surrounding the reason for the build has changed. The Fischer Family no longer needs our support. Since so many people wanted to see and hear it, as well as bid on it, we decided to let the amp travel to some ampfests so everybody who wants to hear and play it might possibly get a chance! This amp was made as a tribute to the man. KF always wanted his amps played. We feel the same way. We will be auctioning it off at some point and donating the money to a charity. The benevolent work of so many deserves to be displayed. Thanks all for your support. Maybe I'll see you at the ampshow this weekend.

Glide

I am sure you guys have heard it a lot, but I just went through the website at www.ampbuildersguild.com and your work on the memorial amp is nothing short of incredible. The hard work and documentation that you guys have done building this amp is amazing.

My hat's off to every one of you.

AmpMan1961

I am sure you guys have heard it a lot, but I just went through the website at www.ampbuildersguild.com and your work on the memorial amp is nothing short of incredible. The hard work and documentation that you guys have done building this amp is amazing.

My hat's off to every one of you.
Thanks for the compliments. The craftsmanship of the amp is courtesy of Dana Hall, and the cabinet by Bob Burt. The rest of us contributed parts and opinions (lots of em!) and tons of encouragement. More info on the project will be added to the website. The killer laser work on the front panel was done by Jeanne at BNP laser. Incredible. BTW, a list of all contributors will be posted next to the amp at the show. A very respectable group indeed. For those of you who will be attending this weekend, take some time to check it out, and DO check out Bob's amps in the same room...:dude
There will be lots of photos being taken and by all means, be a poser!
Sharing the amp with people is what is important and the more the better.
We hope you enjoy it. Make music.
Billy Yates

NitroLiq

Is anybody going to get audio/Video? :)
Keith, I'm probably going to bring both my digital cam and camcorder to take some footage, particularly of the the memorial amp and some other stuff I'm interested in. We'll see...it depends if I'm in demo mode or not...if I am, it'll mean more playing and less filming...hehehe.

Beautiful amp, beautiful gesture. Dig that Les Paul Jr. on the faceplate (another New Jersey connection, if not a native)!

allynmey

BrewBeck, maybe you have the siblings blessings for dogging this project from the beginning. What do you care?

A nice effort by some people to honor a passed friend and mentor. Maybe you will come to the show and talk to me personally about why you feel it necessary to attack this effort. Ask around...you'll find me. Maybe you will understand the spirit in which this project was born. Maybe you won't!

Allynmey

GeekMacdaddy

allynmey

i just find it ironic that there is no common ground regarding his legacy and this project.
Ironic how? Does a person have to meet a great chef, to be inspired by that chef's work, and re-create some wonderful dish? Architect? Boxer? Social worker? Can a tribute not be paid, for no other reason than inspiration, or does it need tacit approval, from all associated with the originals for it to be a "valid" tribute? I don't get it. What do you think you are protecting?

Geek

Trending Topics