KHE Amp Cab Selector - Anyone tried it yet?

Augdoc37

Markus, regarding Dual Cab Mode...
For combo amps that have outputs for both a primary speaker and an extension speaker cab, can your switch connect a pair of cabinets to those 2 outputs? It appears not.
I have a similar question. How can you connect one amp to two speakers? How would a stereo amp like the Mesa 2:90 be used? It has A and B amp outs to run in stereo (Mesaboogie Triaxis and 2:90 stereo amp).?

KHE

I have a similar question. How can you connect one amp to two speakers? How would a stereo amp like the Mesa 2:90 be used? It has A and B amp outs to run in stereo (Mesaboogie Triaxis and 2:90 stereo amp).?
Hi,

The KHE ACS system is designed for mono amp-switching only - one amp active at the time.
You could connect both channels A and B from the 2:90 to separate amp channels on the switcher.
Each power amp channel would need an individual preamp.
You then could activate either channel A or channel B on the switcher, but not both at the same time.

Let me know if this answers your questions!

cheers,
Markus

KHE

Markus, regarding Dual Cab Mode...
For combo amps that have outputs for both a primary speaker and an extension speaker cab, can your switch connect a pair of cabinets to those 2 outputs? It appears not.
hi tmd
sorry for the late reply, totally missed it!

can you name me the amp you are talking about, so i can check the specs in detail.

What i usually do with combo amps is connecting the amp section and the speaker(s) individually to the switcher, so i can use different speakers and cabs with the amp. This needs some special speaker extension cables (i build them by myself)

Let me know if this answers your question!

cheers,
Markus

itsgoodnow

I have 5 rack preamps and want the ability to run either into a cabinet or a boss wax’s tae (through a VHT 2502), would I be able to use this product for that?

Also for my amp heads can I have a cabinet put into one of the output sections and then the tae hooked up to another?

Thanks!

KHE

I have 5 rack preamps and want the ability to run either into a cabinet or a boss wax’s tae (through a VHT 2502), would I be able to use this product for that?

Also for my amp heads can I have a cabinet put into one of the output sections and then the tae hooked up to another?

Thanks!
Hi!

yes, you can use the amp switchers as preamp switchers:
connect the ins and outs of the preamps to the switcher like normal amps.
then you can connect the VHT power amp to the attenuator insert between the preamps and cabs, and the cabinets to the cabinet jacks. if you set it up like this, you also can wire the waza TAE after the VHT, so they both are connected to the attenuator insert loop.

for your second question, yes this also possible. this way, you can use the waza with one single cabinet, or for silent recording if you don't connect a cab to the waza. alternatively, you could connect the waza to the attenuator insert loop, so you can use it with all cabinets.

one thing to mention, it is not possible to connect both preamps and amps at the same time. if you want to switch the preamps as talked above, you'd need a system just for that.

i also have a boss waza tae, man i love this thing! soo good! here's a pic of my current waza+switcher setup:

100195010_698443700698712_4421945577449717760_o.jpg

let me know if this helps! please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

cheers,
Markus

tmd

Supporting Member
hi tmd
sorry for the late reply, totally missed it!

can you name me the amp you are talking about, so i can check the specs in detail.

What i usually do with combo amps is connecting the amp section and the speaker(s) individually to the switcher, so i can use different speakers and cabs with the amp. This needs some special speaker extension cables (i build them by myself)

Let me know if this answers your question!

cheers,
Markus

Markus, The amp I'm referring to in my post above is the Milkman 85W Pedal steel:
https://milkmansound.com/collections/amplifiers/products/85w-pedal-steel
It's very similar to a Fender Twin Reverb.

It seems to me that your switch could do what I am asking - connect 2 cabs to the primary and extension speaker outputs on a combo amp. I was just looking for confirmation since this would be one of my main uses for an amp switch. I have the cables I'd need to do this.

KHE

Markus, The amp I'm referring to in my post above is the Milkman 85W Pedal steel:
https://milkmansound.com/collections/amplifiers/products/85w-pedal-steel
It's very similar to a Fender Twin Reverb.

It seems to me that your switch could do what I am asking - connect 2 cabs to the primary and extension speaker outputs on a combo amp. I was just looking for confirmation since this would be one of my main uses for an amp switch. I have the cables I'd need to do this.
hi tmd

for this amp, i would disconnect the internal speaker, and connect only the primary speaker jack to the blue ACS Amp Output jack, so the power amp signal gets feed back into the ACS. All speakers and cabinets get connected to the switcher, so you can use up to two speakers or cabs in parallel with the amp.

let me know if this helps!

many thanks,
Markus

Trending Topics