1. The target date for the upgrade is August 11, 2020. We expect a few hours of downtime during that process. We will post on Twitter and Facebook to keep everyone updated on the progress.
    Dismiss Notice

Kiesel Guitars = horrible customer relations !

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by SteelerFan88, Jul 31, 2020.

1. RhytmEarl

RhytmEarl Member

Let me tell you about when I called Fulltone.

:D:D:D

2. mjross

mjross Member

Not interested in speaking to him based on the rep he has! Better things to do with time...

3. mhenson42

mhenson42 Supporting Member

that’s the thread that killed any interest I ever had in Kiesel.

4. fescue

fescue Member

Looks like Gumby after being smushed by a truck...

athemoros, uab9253, Hawk3y3 and 3 others like this.
  5. AprioriMark

AprioriMark Silver Supporting Member

I decided not to order a Keisel after seeing people's experiences with them. Ended up ordering a couple American Fenders and revamped a few of my existing guitars instead.

That said, OP has some wild expectations that are certainly unhealthy entitlement. It's their company to make policy around, and the owner doesn't owe you a conversation as to why. Let your wallet speak and don't have an emotional meltdown. Some things just aren't a good fit. Move on and enjoy life.

-Mark

hookakat1, 76_Futura, dank and 4 others like this.
  6. whatizitman

whatizitman Member

I agree wholeheartedly.

However, I would not put randomly calling a company about a policy, asking to talking the CEO, and getting bent out of shape if I don’t get the answer I want in that category.

The policy question could have been answered by a simple google search. Same with customer service record, it appears. Many forumites stated the rationale for the policy in this thread.

But people still need hand holding, er, personalized service, I guess. Usually they are also the folks who get the most bitter when they don’t get it. Funny that.

7. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs Silver Supporting Member

Bet you $50 I can guess your age range by your posts. And if I’m wrong, you should be really embarrassed.

You are a proud card carrying member of “the age of entitlement.”

“I have a question. I don’t like your answer. Let me speak to the owner of the company”... then rant on the internet how poor their customer service is because you A) didn’t get the answer you wanted and B) didn’t get to let the owner of the company know he’s doing things wrong. Then cite other, smaller companies who you have talked to the owners because that proves that any owner who doesn’t take your call, doesn’t care about their customers. Then you insult his appearance and say they’ll be out of business in a couple years because of their horrible service...

Yep, I’d NEVER do business with them after the way they treated you!!!

NOT!:rolleyes: Mike will get a bonus if Jeff reads this thread! ;)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  8. Noone You KNow

Noone You KNow Member

I think Kiesel dodged a bullet. See it all the time in my line of work. We "fire" these types of customers all the time, they end up being a drain on resources better spent elsewhere, not to mention the hit to morale for anyone unfortunate enough to get saddled with dealing with them. OP wasn't even a customer, just an inquiry, in which case the estimate would be priced to see him out the door. I'm betting he's also not telling the whole story. How was HIS attitude talking to the CS rep(most likely min wage)? People think they can go around saying anything they like, any way they like and the CS people have to take it. They don't. Problem, is dicks generally don't think they're being dicks. They'll lie and say "but I was perfectly respectful" when in fact they talked to the guy like he was something stuck to the bottom of his shoe. I'd purposefully give them crappy service as well, and laugh about it while I'm putting red flags all over their file.

9. HoboMan

HoboMan Silver Supporting Member

Money

Hawk3y3 and kebotrans like this.
  10. twoheadedboy

twoheadedboy Member

I think that from the OP's perspective, the problem isn't the policy. Instead, the problem is that the salesperson couldn't or wouldn't explain the policy, didn't offer to go find out the answer, and was rude in general. For better or worse, customers generally expect a higher standard of customer service than that. If you don't provide it, you get a reputation like Kiesel has and your business suffers. This is especially true if you sell direct like Kiesel does.

11. Captain Sco

Captain Sco Member

The representative at customer service doesn't have the ability to reciprocate this information why? Regardless of OP's entitlement, it was a simple question and required a simple answer. That rep is a bone head.

And anyone making a comparison to Pizza Hut, Apple, Fender, etc are mentally challenged... You people going to start calling a Fisher Price toy boat the same as a Royal Caribbean cruise liner? ****ing lul. :horse

xzacx, Hawk3y3, Json and 4 others like this.
  12. kebotrans

kebotrans Gold Supporting Member

Agreed. He likes to go live to let his followers see him. He likes to hear himself.

13. Chris Scott

Chris Scott Member

Poor analogy there mate.

I have called Tom Anderson guitars, quite a number of times. Most of the time Tom has answered the phone, as well as all my questions.

Ditto with Suhr, Music Man and a number of others.

Fwiw, we were not privy to the actual conversation between the op and "Mike", so it's debatable as to the overall tenor of said conversation. But having said that, the guitar community is minuscule in comparison to something like Apple, and one-on-one exchanges are by no means unusual.

xzacx and Hawk3y3 like this.
  14. lifeson1

lifeson1 Supporting Member

I started to read this thread expecting some of the usual 'Jeff Called Me out' fiasco, I have to say I was left a bit disappointed. There's a reason you have a customer service component in a company. . . so YOU don't have to deal with them. Bit of an overreaction to me. . .

But then I saw the thread was started by a Steeler Fan, so I'm not really surprised. . .

15. skhan007

skhan007 Supporting Member

+1.

This one is cool. I hope to find a used one.

16. Maggie_O

Maggie_O Supporting Member

Back when they were Carvin, in the middle of ordering a guitar for myself, the rep said, "This is a pretty complicated build, maybe you should put your husband on the line so we get it right."

Sexist a**wipes.

17. pfrischmann

pfrischmann Member

Your obviously a fan of Carvin. I've been chasing this boutique thing since the early 90's. I cannot remember a time that I couldn't get an answer to a policy like the one above. I can't remember if its Warmoth or Musikraft that has a policy about warranties on an unfinished neck. I remember calling and talking with someone and they explained why. That is certainly reasonable. You may disagree. Jeff may disagree, but he seems to be digging his own hole.

Hawk3y3 likes this.
  18. pfrischmann

pfrischmann Member

um wow....

Maggie_O likes this.
  19. pfrischmann

pfrischmann Member

I disagree,
    That is a ridiculous comparison. Kiessel is certainly nowhere near Microsoft and, they have much better customer service.
    It's an odd policy and the sales guy totally blew him off. He said it was Jeff's policy, so asking for Jeff isn't that crazy. I'd expect an answer like. "We've found that the finish you are asking for is very specialized and not many of our customers want it, making the guitar very hard for us to resell. We can do this finish but we cannot take it back. "

"Because I said so" is lazy.

Hawk3y3 likes this.
  20. pfrischmann

pfrischmann Member

I realize I'm in the minority but I disagree. Why is it people here know the answer and you can google it but the guy in customer service doesn't know the answer? They guy said ""because Jeff said so"...Terrible answer. and this is the customer service guy?
    Next obvious questions is "can I talk to Jeff"?

Customer service people have to be good at handling people. Deescalation is key. Placation with a smile.. Kiessel should hire some people from Comcast to answer the phones. They are experts at handling angry people. That isn't a very high bar to get over either.

xzacx likes this.